VW Polo Vivo (2018)

thechamp

Honorary Master
I am surprised that VWSA hasn't made a "Tiguan Vivo” on previous gen Tiguan yet..SUV are really popular right now
Still not as popular as their Polo, it makes sense that they won't allow that market to slip through their fingers, maybe it might catch on if their SUV start commanding the sales numbers same way as the Polo, in some European markets the previous generation XC60 was so popular that Volvo was afraid of discontinuing it, instead they opted to sell both cars at the same time, I don't know what name they gave to the old car.

stroller

Expert Member
If one applies the logic not to bite the hand that feeds you, then VW should win by a country mile because of its advertising spend in the magazine..
However, since the Fiesta won the previous showdown against VW perhaps Car will give the nod to Ford again. The September edition has a shyteload of VW editorial so perhaps VW will be satisfied with the amount of editorial exposure that they are enjoying - front page, a four page Drive write up of the Touareg, tests of the Arteon and Polo GTI and a long term report on the Caddy.
Baleno will get an honourable mention and come third.

Perhaps now that Steve Smith has departed, Car might again become more independent and impartial; strive to restore its credibility. One can only hope for the best. When a magazine is offering 50% discount on its subscription package there must be plenty of blood on its Income Statement.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
If one applies the logic not to bite the hand that feeds you, then VW should win by a country mile because of its advertising spend in the magazine..
However, since the Fiesta won the previous showdown against VW perhaps Car will give the nod to Ford again. The September edition has a shyteload of VW editorial so perhaps VW will be satisfied with the amount of editorial exposure that they are enjoying - front page, a four page Drive write up of the Touareg, tests of the Arteon and Polo GTI and a long term report on the Caddy.
Baleno will get an honourable mention and come third.

Perhaps now that Steve Smith has departed, Car might again become more independent and impartial; strive to restore its credibility. One can only hope for the best. When a magazine is offering 50% discount on its subscription package there must be plenty of blood on its Income Statement.
IMG_7179.JPG

stroller

Expert Member
FiestsST,
Please tell me the the purpose of your post.
I stated that Car was offering 50% discount so why did you have to follow with exactly what I said?

Perhaps the time has come, in fact, I think that it is overdue that you get your own forum.
So many other posters have already stated that they are gatvol of your stick-and-paste instead of meaningful opinions that they have taken leave.

Some time ago there was a survey about all the clutter. What was the outcome?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
FiestsST,
Please tell me the the purpose of your post.
I stated that Car was offering 50% discount so why did you have to follow with exactly what I said?

Perhaps the time has come, in fact, I think that it is overdue that you get your own forum.
So many other posters have already stated that they are gatvol of your stick-and-paste instead of meaningful opinions that they have taken leave.

Some time ago there was a survey about all the clutter. What was the outcome?
Can I kindly ask that you look at removing the stick from your rear?

Perhaps lighten up a little.

You have a history of complaining about meaningless nonsense.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Can I kindly ask that you look at removing the stick from your rear?

Perhaps lighten up a little.

You have a history of complaining about meaningless nonsense.
Let's forget your little tiff with Stroller for a minute, what is the purpose of such posts though? Just for interest sake. I am intrigued as i've seen a couple of such post from you, I am at times left wondering myself.

Just so that it does not become a personal thing between you two, do you mind explaining those random posts like this one?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Let's forget your little tiff with Stroller for a minute, what is the purpose of such posts though? Just for interest sake. I am intrigued as i've seen a couple of such post from you, I am at times left wondering myself.

Just so that it does not become a personal thing between you two, do you mind explaining those random posts like this one?
I cannot forget my "little tiff" with one that still not be named as he has proven to be highly annoying at times. Try & be nice & it yields fruitless results.

It's glad that you wonder. It's called a difference in personality.

(not trying to be sarcastic)

thechamp

Honorary Master
I cannot forget my "little tiff" with one that still not be named as he has proven to be highly annoying at times. Try & be nice & it yields fruitless results.

It's glad that you wonder. It's called a difference in personality.

(not trying to be sarcastic)
And my question? Can you at least explain this one and maybe i'll stretch my low African IQ to try and make sense of all the others? Does such posts serve any purpose?
Feel free to tell me if you aren't interested in answering, i'll leave it and won't derail this thread further.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
And my question? Can you at least explain this one and maybe i'll stretch my low African IQ to try and make sense of all the others? Does such posts serve any purpose?
Feel free to tell me if you aren't interested in answering, i'll leave it and won't derail this thread further.
It's called **** talking with an ounce of trolling.

Brawler

Executive Member
Agree with Champ & Stroller. Sorry Fist. I click on these looking expecting an interesting question or some news but get left hanging. Happens far too often and is putting me off this section.

kripstoe

Expert Member
Agree with Champ & Stroller. Sorry Fist. I click on these looking expecting an interesting question or some news but get left hanging. Happens far too often and is putting me off this section.
Agree. It's now just an aggregated news feed of things I see on YouTube or other sites anyway.

Most days, I just look at the list of last posters for the motoring section and if it looks like this, I close the tab and move on.

Clipboard01.png

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I thought Fiesta's post was to put confirmation behind what Stroller said. Had I not seen the 50% discount image I would have not known as I was skimming through the thread and then saw the image.

Justchecking

Warning! Vivo fan/sheep here.
I had a vivo blueline for 7 years and loved it. It was basic but that's what I was expecting. I must say I prefered it to my better halve's Yaris for long trips and handling even though that car had more power and nice features. I recently took delivery of my 2nd gen vivo maxx and immediately noticed the overall jump in quality and small unexpected nice to haves. I see it as an upgrade to the vivo and not a downgrade from the old polo. The fact that it is R60K cheaper than the December 2017 price list of the Crosspolo which it is based on, just sweetened the deal.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I had a vivo blueline for 7 years and loved it. It was basic but that's what I was expecting. I must say I prefered it to my better halve's Yaris for long trips and handling even though that car had more power and nice features. I recently took delivery of my 2nd gen vivo maxx and immediately noticed the overall jump in quality and small unexpected nice to haves. I see it as an upgrade to the vivo and not a downgrade from the old polo. The fact that it is R60K cheaper than the December 2017 price list of the Crosspolo which it is based on, just sweetened the deal.
Cool. Thanks for that synopsis.

I take it the fact that pretty much the entire range is naturally aspirated is a positive to you as well?

Justchecking

Cool. Thanks for that synopsis.

I take it the fact that pretty much the entire range is naturally aspirated is a positive to you as well?
Turbo engines are nice. love their shove when in a hurry and low fuel consumption when driven modestly. I just found the ease of slow pull away from a normally aspirated engine and no lack of turbo lag better for me. Maybe I'm not ready for it. I had a previous gen Fiesta NA 1.4 Ambiente and 1.0 Ecoboost ambientte as a loan car for about 4 weeks each and actually preferred the NA.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Congratulations on your Vivo Maxx :D post pics!

Totally get you on the Vivos, I had the barebones Polo Vivo 1.4 Conceptline, solid as ever and fuel efficient. Great cars, all you need is there.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I would bloody hope a new Vivo is better than an old Vivo so that makes perfect sense to me.

What got me was the difference between Polo and Vivo is much more substantial than I expected it to be.

That being said 60k is more than I thought the difference was.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I had the original type 9N Polo the first gen Vivo was based on. I had just the comfort line and when I had to drive in a Vivo it was a massive downgrade in everything and that was supposed to be the upper version.
My dad had a 2010 Polo and in comparison to the new Vivo it's the same as I saw in the previous gen quite a difference. Though I'd say the new Vivo is probably more comparable to the previous 9N Polo.
The thing is VW fans seem to really love VW my dad has had 4 in the last 16 years, yes I had one and it's what convinced my dad Polo's aren't bad but I've mixed my brands as I like to buy what's affordable to me.