FiestaST

Honorary Master
New Polo Vivo: Detailed Review & Buying Advice - Cars.co.za

[video=youtube_share;9tv72pAUaew]https://youtu.be/9tv72pAUaew[/video]

FiestaST

Honorary Master
How good is the system in the Highline?

GF needs a new car and looking at it.
Infotainment system with App Connect is class best man Ito of UI; functionality & features. Only main negative is the USB port mounted on the unit itself. Makes it look rather messy with wires hanging.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Any good deals on the old Vivos?
You're about 6 weeks too late. There's only a handful of old Vivos left in the dealer network, if you're talking new. On used cars the new model's launch isn't going to have a huge effect on the previous generation's price.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
You're about 6 weeks too late. There's only a handful of old Vivos left in the dealer network, if you're talking new. On used cars the new model's launch isn't going to have a huge effect on the previous generation's price.
Please elaborate re the used market.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
take a look at the price of the previous gen, pre-facelift Polos.
Still R140-180k for 2010-2014 models.

Golf 6 GTI still around R250k.

VW might not always be the best value for money when comparing to other brands but they sure do hold their value...

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
VWs maintain value well, especially so the Polos and Vivos. Because demand will remain strong, the old Vivo isn't going to suffer a sudden knock to its residual worth. There will be some impact, sure, but we're also talking about cars that sell around the R170k or lower mark. Even if they lose a further 5% value overnight - they won't - that only amounts to R8.5k. They're not suddenly going to be relegated to the bargain bin.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Ignition GT insert

[video=youtube_share;PHXuRJKlC5g]https://youtu.be/PHXuRJKlC5g[/video]

Brawler

Executive Member
Looking for a car for the GF so took the 1.6 highline for a test drive.
Pleasantly surprised (I've been test driving i10's and things lately so this was a step up, esp in highline trim) for a Vivo and compared to the old one but it didn't take long for me to remember why I dislike VW.

-Window seal was damaged in a brand new car. Still had the stickers on it.
-VW dealer had the usual VW cult attitude
-Price is R214k online which I thought was not bad. After speaking to the dealer the price is actually around R240k once you add paint, floor mats (wtf), glove box, service plan and on the road fees. The other extras the demo had like cruise control still go on top of that.
-Not willing to sweeten the deal like other brand dealers

The 1.4 which looks like relatively good value is actually even worse once you add alloy wheels, fog lights and other basic things.

At R240k it becomes expensive for a previous gen vivo type of car. There are new gen cars from other manufacturers for around the same price that includes all these mandatory options.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Looking for a car for the GF so took the 1.6 highline for a test drive.
Pleasantly surprised (I've been test driving i10's and things lately so this was a step up, esp in highline trim) for a Vivo and compared to the old one but it didn't take long for me to remember why I dislike VW.

-Window seal was damaged in a brand new car. Still had the stickers on it.
-VW dealer had the usual VW cult attitude
-Price is R214k online which I thought was not bad. After speaking to the dealer the price is actually around R240k once you add paint, floor mats (wtf), glove box, service plan and on the road fees. The other extras the demo had like cruise control still go on top of that.-Not willing to sweeten the deal like other brand dealers

The 1.4 which looks like relatively good value is actually even worse once you add alloy wheels, fog lights and other basic things.

At R240k it becomes expensive for a previous gen vivo type of car. There are new gen cars from other manufacturers for around the same price that includes all these mandatory options.
Glove box :wtf: Seriously?