WACS cable repair to start soon

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Yeah yeah...they've started loading the repair ship in CT harbour that still has to sail all the way there.

Still weeks to go before repaired.

It's all over the other threads.....

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Good news if you are experiencing slow Internet

Openserve has released a statement confirming that the process of repairing the broken SAT3/WASC and WACS cables has begun.
^^^ First comment I've seen from Openserve re. additional capacity meanwhile :-

Openserve said it has been exploring options available from other undersea cable consortiums in a bid to find spare capacity that it could purchase for its customers.

It said deals have been concluded with several parties, and Openserve is now busy activating additional international capacity.

“These measures will minimise some of the impact on its network, and that of its clients, while repairs to the WACS and SAT3/WASC cable systems continue,” said Openserve.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
well it is Cape Town so takes them 10x the time to do 1 small thing.... slow coast life
They probably cry during the holidays when all the Vaalies come down then they have to work 50 times harder just to catch up with us.

:laugh:

Most folk in the coast are just plain lazy, Gautengers would have had that ship loaded long ago.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
They probably cry during the holidays when all the Vaalies come down then they have to work 50 times harder just to catch up with us.

Most folk in the coast are just plain lazy, Gautengers would have had that ship loaded long ago.
Actually the weather was bad on the weekend so nothing could be done in that regard. Loading the equipment takes time.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Actually the weather was bad on the weekend so nothing could be done in that regard. Loading the equipment takes time.
Why should the equipment require loading, all looks like standard stuff for a vessel such as this?

<edit>And surely they could have commenced with loading last week?</edit>

internaut

Really? now we'll go the pub and suip and get back to ship next week. :mad:

"Gautengers would have had that ship loaded long ago."
And end up at the South Pole. :p

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Why should the equipment require loading, all looks like standard stuff for a vessel such as this?

<edit>And surely they could have commenced with loading last week?</edit>
Maybe you should have told them. I guess they're not the experts here.
Was actually a serious question. It seems obvious to me. Care to explain why I'm off track?
They have to load over 130km of fibre, at 5km per hour. It will then take +- 6 days to get to the break, and I presume another few to repair the fibre. So earliest it will be repaired is late next week.

PS> This is why threads like these just add to the confusion, since there are enough other threads covering all this info...alas Openserve had to get this paid for advertorial, or whatever, in here as well.