Wait what is this?!...it's the 2016 Audi A4! (B9)

GlassMirror

Expert Member
It's a VAG refresh, remember they just put new lights on they're cars with a bit of chrome wrapped around the car and call it new

FiestaST

Honorary Master
])ragon_\/oid;16824599 said:
Looks just like the old one. Actually, I'll go as far as saying that is the old A4.

C'mon don't be difficult. It's the new one. I won't post incorrect info here.

It's just "evolutionary" in its styling

rsifan

Even though they are not officially launched yet...very soon...I've see two of them on Koeberg Road. Jozi plates. Not able to get pics sadly

Side branding of the All New A4.

The new shape of the LED's caught my eye 1st. The rear looks more aggressive. Good looking car even in non S-Line spec

Saw one on Hendrik Potgieter on Saturday, I think the lady thought she was driving an S4 (I assume it was the 1.4 as it only had a TFSI badge at the back), kept sitting on my bumper, so I footed it and left her far behind. Then I moved over so I could get a better look at the back as well.

Must say, if it wasn't for the new LED design, I would have mistaken it for the outgoing model.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I prefer revolution rather than that glorified Jetta

Btw what's up with you and the kiss emoji's? *Freaky AF dude

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Exterior looks aside, the mechanical bits should be about the same with transmission and other drivetrain problems making sure owners have to leave their cars at the dealerships for days at a time while being treated to newer model courtesy cars which they then unknowingly get suckered into buying.

Audi - Gewinn durch Reparaturen

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Exterior looks aside, the mechanical bits should be about the same with transmission and other drivetrain problems making sure owners have to leave their cars at the dealerships for days at a time while being treated to newer model courtesy cars which they then unknowingly get suckered into buying.

Audi - Gewinn durch Reparaturen

:D:D:D Poor Audi guys driving arount in their glorified Jetta's

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
:D:D:D Poor Audi guys driving arount in their glorified Jetta's
They don't see it that way. For one, it is a glorified Jetta which means it is better than a Jetta - a car that they believe is already god-like to begin with. Secondly, when (not if) their Audis breakdown they get to drive late model courtesy cars which they then end up buying. The dealers win all the way and the customers are happy because they get something new all the time.

It is planned obsolescences on steroids.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
What on earth is wrong with a Jetta? It's a rather competent mid-size sedan from Gen 4 upwards.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I concede that they are better than a Jetta but just the amount of money they spend on repairs at the stealerships is absolute madness.
Like everything VAG it's overpriced rubbish. Don't get me wrong there are some VAG cars I like but i'd rather drive a Corsa Sport or an Astra OPC.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Makes note to do some Opel bashing in next Opel thread :p

Last edited:

pjjdp

Expert Member
I'm a VAG fan, but that "bakkie" just does not do it for me.