Waiting on CoolIdeas

Daddy2B

I have one of these too, which was used with my previous isp.
Using Mac, I created the pppoe but it says Authentication failed.
af1dd0f58add07235eace0f155266688.jpg

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I have asked Divian head of our support escalations to reach out to you.

Do you have your PPPOE details?

Sorry, but I am not entirely familiar with the MFN setup, other than we terminate PPPOE at which point I could help.

Ideally you should connect directly using an ethernet cable to the Fibre termination box using a PC.

Daddy2B

Yes I have the pppoe details. Severely disappointed that now I'm slated for 5 days of no internet, that over a weekend too. Bit of a bummer!
Would be great if someone can help sort it out soonest :)

Daddy2B

Thank you kindly for helping out.

I have the Calix 803G device as well as an Ubiquiti UniFi for Wi-Fi.

I connected via LAN and setup the pppoe but it's not authenticating as mentioned previously.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you kindly for helping out.

I have the Calix 803G device as well as an Ubiquiti UniFi for Wi-Fi.

I connected via LAN and setup the pppoe but it's not authenticating as mentioned previously.
Give support a call for the non authentication, the tracking says the delivery was unsuccessful yesterday?

Daddy2B

Yea but they didn't even call me to confirm delivery. Which is why I said it's more excuses than anything else.

Daddy2B

Thanks. Someone called and clarified the 0 in my password is actually an O...cant believe people still do that.

My laptop now connects via pppoe.

How can I connect my Ubiquiti UniFi to get Wi-Fi in the house? Will an ethernet port splitter work?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
You will need some kind of router that does PPPoE, which the Unifi's don't generally do themselves. The router we attempted to ship to you will be able to do that.

You could also try to configure your old ISP's router with the PPPoE details if you can get access to it.

Daddy2B

I found an old telkom adsl router. Can someone please point me in the direction to sort of bridge it?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
The ADSL router will typically not dial a PPPoE connection on it's ethernet port, it will only do it on the ADSL port.

What make/model is the DSL router ?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Unfortunately doesn't appear is if this device will use anything other than the ADSL port for PPPoE dialup.

Daddy2B

I have requested for the order to be cancelled. This is not working out and has been a truly frustrating experience.
Thank you to all for trying to help.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I have requested for the order to be cancelled. This is not working out and has been a truly frustrating experience.
Sheesh dude, Monday is tomorrow then you have your free router. Or you could have just gone and buy one.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Always one that you know will swing this way.

That one that's always more drama; which was exactly my first impression when I saw the OP. An ending like this just reaffirms.

At least Cisp tried...

r4nd0m

Dude, I'm not even with CoolIdeas, but these two reps went out of their way to help you and accommodate you.

How can I connect my Ubiquiti UniFi to get Wi-Fi in the house? Will an ethernet port splitter work?

I found an old telkom adsl router. Can someone please point me in the direction to sort of bridge it?

This wasn't even their responsibility to support (your connection was working), but still they were willing to help you.

You really are being unreasonable imho.