Walk-ins allowed vaccination thread

Jetty

I thought I would create a dedicated thread where people can post any vaccination sites that are currently accepting walk-ins for the day.

I feel this is the only way we'll actually get people vaccinated & I'm still sad that I missed that Discovery in Sandton was accepting walk-ins last week.

maumau

Honorary Master
I heard on 702 there are no walk in centres BUT if you get an SMS saying you are booked but there's no confirmation of date/time those can be booked at a walk in centre.

Sometimes when you visit a centre to confirm date/time they will give you the jab there and then.

EDIT: there are centres but you're supposed not to be able to get the jab without a booking.

Last edited:
Lentegeur in Cape Town is doing walk-ins...

From Twitter, I also think Moses Mabida stadium in KZN is allowing walk-ins.

Last edited:

richjdavies

Expert Member
So on an unrelated note, where can I get a fake ID saying I'm 60 years old :)

But less jokingly, is there any legal way to get hold of a jab -- happy to pay and jump through hoops, just worried it will be years for me!

Stokstert

Executive Member
You are like the ANC, want to steal something which is up to now reserved for the +60 year olds.

Segg

Expert Member
Dischem at Fourways mall, not at the main pharmacy, but one floor up.

maumau

Honorary Master
So on an unrelated note, where can I get a fake ID saying I'm 60 years old :)

But less jokingly, is there any legal way to get hold of a jab -- happy to pay and jump through hoops, just worried it will be years for me!

Check out the anti vax brag thread and rent an ID ;)

copacetic

King of the Hippies
My folks just got turned away at Provincial hospital in PE - They were told to wait for their SMS, and that they are administering 200 doses a day with 40 walk-ins allowed.

Hazy_Living@79

Was wondering if these walk-ins are restricted to over 60s or what. Think I'd feel so strange just walking into a place and asking if they happen to have any spare vaccines.

Jetty

Was wondering if these walk-ins are restricted to over 60s or what. Think I'd feel so strange just walking into a place and asking if they happen to have any spare vaccines.
I think in the next few weeks under 60's might get lucky if they happen to be at the right place at the right time.

I know once the Pzifer vaccine vial has been opened , it must be used that same day & each vial is 6 doses ( According to FDA , not sure if SA has the same vials)
So if there is a single dose left over at the end of the day , might as well vaccinate someone instead of throwing it out.

bar1

Expert Member