Want to buy a R29 900 000 bakkie?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You do realise it has an automatic gearbox? 9-speed I think. I stand open to correction though.
At 30 bar it better bloody have an auto at least... Better if it came with a permanent driver though. I don't want to be mushing around with gears if I can spend 30 bar on a vehicle.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Not exactly your ideal daily commute. Used for desert racing etc. and then the gears is where the fun lies.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Probably guzzles petrol/diesel like there's no tomorrow.
Well, in the ME, with plenty of fuel, and mayhem all over the place, maybe they should spend like there's no tomorrow :)

Edit - meant to quote Toxic's post #25 as well for context.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Imagine the Amarok/Ranger/X class peasants' reaction if you flex with this? They think R700k or what is balling, then you just roll up in this thing.

Bloody priceless, I'd get a hidden cam and make a collection vid.

The Voice

Executive Member
Was about to ask where you'd park it. But, then had another look at it, and had my answer: wherever the **** you want to.

Crowley

Executive Member
How small must your penis be to buy something like this?

*Disclaimer*
I would love one of these just to park next to the pleb 4x4 bakkies in SA and point and laugh. Not because I have a small penis. I think.

Matt91

Ultimate zombie apocalypse cabbie tho. Just imagine you could keep your machine guns and machetes in those stowage cabinet things on the side.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
There are a couple around the Cape. Not the exact model as in the first post though.

e.g. the USN guy has one.

marco79

Expert Member
The 1 in the 1st post has some aftermarket bits & modified.

There is someone in Stellenbosch or Somerset west who bought a couple.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
There is someone in Stellenbosch or Somerset west who bought a couple.
I cannot find the source now. But, I remember seeing an extract from a book written by someone (possibly Rupert related) in which they tell the story of how the Merc 6 x 6 made it's way to SA. Apparently Mercedes said they would only bring it in if they get a MOQ of x units so they made it so.

Last edited: