Wanted Pole for outdoor AP

Saba'a

Executive Member
I am basically just looking for a mounting pole to use for my outdoor AP.

Kiemo

Expert Member
I am basically just looking for a mounting pole to use for my outdoor AP.
To be honest I was also looking for one …

but all I did was take a old DSTV pole and extend it … that’s all … didn’t give out anything for it … if you don’t wanna do that … you can check with people who has fibre … they might have a pole they used for an outside antenna that they don’t need anymore … even if you drive be on the lookout on a house for one …people that has one that don’t need it anymore and ask if they willing to sell

Last edited:

ost

Check your local hardware. Most of them stock ellies satellite and antenna mounting hardware.

You could also use a curtain rod...also available from your local hardware store

Saba'a

Executive Member
If you are not going too high, 22mm copper pipe works well.
Yep its not even above roof level. Will mount against wall. Just want some wifi reach to the gate deadspot. Boys use their mobile data to open gate BUT prefer availability of wifi. Also when busy with gate or to install wifi intercom/video at gate in the future.

Dont want the rest if neighbourhood to pick up my signal . Lol!

Irritates me that my neighbours blast me with their signal. Lol!

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Yep its not even above roof level. Will mount against wall. Just want some wifi reach to the gate deadspot. Boys use their mobile data to open gate BUT prefer availability of wifi. Also when busy with gate or to install wifi intercom/video at gate in the future.

Dont want the rest if neighbourhood to pick up my signal . Lol!

Irritates me that my neighbours blast me with their signal. Lol!
I did one with 300mm of pipe and fixed it to the wall with those metal saddles they use for eclectic cable.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Thanks. Got a dstv pole. So now to mount my outdoor AP.

If anybody wants to sell me below AP or other POE AP for cheap, just let me know.

Check this out on takealot: TP-LINK Outdoor 2.4GHz 300Mbps High Power Wireless Access Point

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
or other POE AP for cheap, just let me know.
Regular Wifi AP that has PoE and you buy a weatherproof electric box to put it in. An out Tupperware box works fine, but the sun many damage it.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Regular Wifi AP that has PoE and you buy a weatherproof electric box to put it in. An out Tupperware box works fine, but the sun many damage it.
Nah hoping for another TP link to place at back of house.

If not, the Tenda AP5 my choice as its passive POE and can just put it in a room close to where I want signal.

But do have some weatherproof boxes. Had to get bigger ones for the s55 sonoff to have plug in it also under cover.

Didnt trust s55 flip cover.