Warning – Don’t download the latest Windows 10 update

supersunbird

Honorary Master
This is just an issue with updating right? Fresh installs should be fine?

Visser

Expert Member
They are a bunch of c**ts! I downloaded the update 2 days ago. Spent all the bandwidth. Now they stopped it and will probably roll out another one.

That being said, I did not notice the loss of any personal files this far. Everything is still here. Wonder what files they are referring to?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
They are a bunch of c**ts! I downloaded the update 2 days ago. Spent all the bandwidth. Now they stopped it and will probably roll out another one.

That being said, I did not notice the loss of any personal files this far. Everything is still here. Wonder what files they are referring to?
Whole user folders, including your whole pictures and documents folder.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
My wallpaper went missing but I haven't noticed anything else so if something is missing it's probably not important.

Randux

Expert Member
Wish I could have a window 10 without the background data eating activities. There's one I can't block permanently "Delivery Optimization". With every reboot I have to manually stop it in "services" before establishing a connection with mobile data.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Yeah, from the same guys genuises that brought you Internet explorer.. Lol
Fixed.
Yeah. The same was said after each release of every windows version since 3.1. Yet here we are. Why use it if you feel so strong about it. Many alternatives exist
The choice is yours..

BTW, you also got the free version?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hahaha!

As I said in a previous thread. I'll wait 6 - 12 months before I update so that they have enough time to get their crap together.

ekske1

Executive Member

genetic

Honorary Master
I see a sticker "Works with Windows Vista" on my monitor. You know something is a complete ****up when you have to check monitors for compatibility.

Actually that would be IBM. Your PC still uses IBM compatible interrupts.
Yeah, no sh*t, but Microsoft have been pretty much the staple diet of PC's since the advent of DOS, and has no doubt shepherded the evolution of the PC.