Warrant of arrest issued for Jacob Zuma

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
It is still 'odd'. Zuma's legal counsel explicitly stated that they don't know where he is and that he will only return in id-March. That pushed everything out. I can't get the proper article, but this was reported by The New York Times,

Why Zuma's legal counsel isn't grilled I don't know. How is the SONA an exception to the rule?
But he's attending SONA tomorrow. So did his counsel lie or did he lie, and does it qualify as perjury?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Maybe he will attend and collapse in front of all cameras? Then his lawyers will have a strong case.
Doesn't change the fact that they lied to the court by saying he would only return next month.
Lets hope he falls on his head and lives to become the oldest most useless vegetable ever!
He's already that, why would he need to extend it more?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
That was before Judge Dhamnadas PillavinGordhan issued the warrant for his arrest!
I don't believe this to be the case. However, I believe Zuma was only compelled once previously and that was to step down as president, but never previously has he been compelled by a court or a discovery, or investigatory, commission. It is still a stayed order, meaning that he needs to skip his next court date in order to have the warrant activated against him, and yes, it can again be avoided by submitting a legitimate sick note… what happens next is likely his doctor being summoned, but nobody knows where this doctor is in any case, what happens then… well, radical plans by Zuma will need to be taken, and those plans may be brought into action tomorrow by garnering more support or whatever he is doing at the SONA.

I still don't know why his legal counsel is being reprimanded, they are party to the bullschittery.

3WA

Executive Member
I don't believe this to be the case. However, I believe Zuma was only compelled once previously and that was to step down as president, but never previously has he been compelled by a court or a discovery, or investigatory, commission. It is still a stayed order, meaning that he needs to skip his next court date in order to have the warrant activated against him, and yes, it can again be avoided by submitting a legitimate sick note… what happens next is likely his doctor being summoned, but nobody knows where this doctor is in any case, what happens then… well, radical plans by Zuma will need to be taken, and those plans may be brought into action tomorrow by garnering more support or whatever he is doing at the SONA.

I still don't know why his legal counsel is being reprimanded, they are party to the bullschittery.
Yeah, I also don't believe he's really going to moer anyone at SONA but it's been three years since someone got moered at SONA and frankly if no-one gets it this year, I'm going to give up on this country and emigrate.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yeah, I also don't believe he's really going to moer anyone at SONA but it's been three years since someone got moered at SONA and frankly if no-one gets it this year, I'm going to give up on this country and emigrate.
The only thing the EFF is hitting Gordhan with is flip-flops.

3WA

Executive Member
The only thing the EFF is hitting Gordhan with is flip-flops.
I mean, I'll more than happily watch Parliament police bust open some red teletubbies. I don't particularly care who gets moered.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

I think he needs to explain his absence at the next appearance. Whether he appears or not, if he can't convince the judge that his absence was valid, he can be arrested. From my understanding anyway...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I think he needs to explain his absence at the next appearance. Whether he appears or not, if he can't convince the judge that his absence was valid, he can be arrested. From my understanding anyway...
If he can prove he went to Cuba then there is that. Cuba isn't under any obligation for exposing medical records, for that Zuma's medical doctor may provide an explanation for Zuma's illness, whether it is vague or not. Hence I said the next step by the prosecuting authority is to summon Zuma's doctor to court if they can find him. All Zuma needs in the interim is a valid sick notice, all of which again will need to be explained by Zuma's doctor. The doctor may even consider himself to be a non-expert on Zuma's illness, hence they pursued treatments in Cuba. From this point forth the court may apply their own remedies for establishing or identifying Zuma's circumstances all of which may only happen in 2021, 2022...

Just to add, pending on what will happen in May, 'normal' people are quickly compelled by a matter of urgency.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Zuma’s attendance at Sona may be fake news to question his health – Niehaus
Niehaus questioned FW de Klerk’s treatment as opposed to Zuma and why De Klerk would be allowed to walk the red carpet, while Zuma was vilified.

There has been no confirmation that former president Jacob Zuma will be attending the state of the nation address (Sona) on Thursday, said controversial former ANC national executive committee member Carl Niehaus to a group of Zuma supporters on Wednesday morning.

Part of the ANC held a press conference at the Booysens Hotel on the “abuse and vilification” of Zuma, where Niehaus said parliaments announcement may be fake news in order to cause aspersions that Zuma was genuinely ill.

“There’s been no information from us (the ANC) and especially the lawyers of umsholozi that he will attend. we fear that that announcement is fake news, in order to cause aspersions that umsholozi is ill.

“We will find out what the exact facts are.”

Niehaus questioned FW de Klerk’s treatment as opposed to Zuma and said De Klerk would be allowed to walk the red carpet, while Zuma was vilified.

He said he had spoken to Zuma’s lawyers who had not confirmed whether the former president would attend Sona on Thursday.
All of this 'confusion' is providing a podium for the Zuma supporters for making their voices heard.

yebocan

Honorary Master

thechamp

Honorary Master
Niehaus questioned FW de Klerk’s treatment as opposed to Zuma and said De Klerk would be allowed to walk the red carpet, while Zuma was vilified.
Stop your nonsense Carl Niehaus, even that lowlife Zuma would be allowed to walk on the red carpet if he shows up, he is a former President after all.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Pity, the warrant has not been served on Zuma. Imagine if he was arrested on the steps Parliament? Now that would be a sight and a news story of note.

Last edited:

yebocan

Honorary Master

All of this 'confusion' is providing a podium for the Zuma supporters for making their voices heard.
Don't know what the fuss is about... A man in his condition/s, should really not be travelling. But nice touch/spin to actually not get him to attend. Former President or not, etter through and through