Watch – SANDF vehicle crashes next to petrol station

Vorastra

Expert Member
Can't fault the Casspir on this one. If he continued and went face first into that taxi (of course he was on the wrong side), that taxi and it's occupants would be non-existent right now.

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion unless you've seen another video. It looked that taxi was taking evasive action to me.
It looks to me like the taxi driver didn't want to be caught behind that slow ass tazz and jumped into the wrong lane.

Edit: I stand corrected

Last edited:

j4ck455

Executive Member
No people were seriously injured and an internal investigation is currently underway to determine the cause of the incident.
The soldiers probably have a large alcohol stockpile.

As for the taxi driver, he had to have been sober because he would have been on the correct side of the road if he were drunk.

CommonSense

It doesn't look like it was the Taxis fault. It appears to slow down considerable as it saw the Caspir comming.
There appears to be a slip road which the vehicle in front of the Taxi took. That can be seen from the second photo on the link. That is not a road, but a slipway.

That Caspir was going much too fast and lost control.

wingnut771

Executive Member
It doesn't look like it was the Taxis fault. It appears to slow down considerable as it saw the Caspir comming.
There appears to be a slip road which the vehicle in front of the Taxi took. That can be seen from the second photo on the link. That is not a road, but a slipway.

That Caspir was going much too fast and lost control.
i watched it again, yes you are right.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Danie_V

Watch – SANDF vehicle crashes next to petrol station

A video has surfaced on Twitter which appears to show an SANDF armoured vehicle crashing and flipping over next to a petrol station.

A partial date stamp in the top right of the video reads “2020-03-3..”, with the video being posted at 22:43 on 30 March.

In the video, which appears to be a recording of security camera footage from a Sasol garage, cars can be seen driving on a street separated by a median strip next to the station.
Looked to me also like that taxi was coming down on the wrong side of the road. Those Casspirs don't go that fast and if they had not swerved they would have made a mess of the taxi - hope they catch that taxi.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Capture2.PNG

Something happened at this T intersection. It may very well be that the Casspir avoided crashing into something other than people believe, or the Casspir crashed due to incompetence.

Sollie

Executive Member
Taxi was not in the wrong. Miracles I know :p

What's confusing people is the angle and distances. Here's a view paused, the blur in front of the taxi is the Casspir:
Clipboard-1.jpg

The area in front of the pumps is part of the fuel station area, not the road.

Looking from the top, comparing angles etc, we can work out where's what is, also the Casspir's route and the taxi's position shown above:
Clipboard-2.jpg

Sorry Mr taxi driver ... this time ;)

access

Honorary Master
caspir was on the wrong side of the road, taxi squashed up against the middleman to try get out the way ..then gtfo lol

not surprising seeing the vids lately..

wingnut771

Executive Member
Taxi cuts in front of the Caspir. The caspir the swerve to avoid hitting the taxi and end up on the pavement.
probably taking evasive action, i suspect caspir was on the wrong side of the road and speeding.