WATCH | Bakkie rams car during 'road rage' punch-up in Makhanda

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Sorry I got it wrong. It was the first guy that got up and opened the bakkie's door again.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Sorry I got it wrong. It was the first guy that got up and opened the bakkie's door again.
And Daily Dispatch says he was trying to take his keys to prevent him from leaving. That bit I don't believe.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It was quite evident what they intended to do. He fled for his life and nearly killed another person in the process.
From my perspective they did hold him back, but there are other questions, whether they were bystanders or passengers involved in the incident, and once the bakkie door was opened by the victim, allowed the 'victim' to attack the 'attacker'? Perspective matters here.

The victim is already having nightmares, and the media, or TimesLive, believes the victim to be spooked by white middle-aged men.

We don't have the whole story, my issue since the beginning was how the media reported the story.

rietrot

Honorary Master
From my perspective they did hold him back, but there are other questions, whether they were bystanders or passengers involved in the incident, and once the bakkie door was opened by the victim, allowed the 'victim' to attack the 'attacker'? Perspective matters here.

The victim is already having nightmares, and the media, or TimesLive, believes the victim to be spooked by white middle-aged men.

We don't have the whole story, my issue since the beginning was how the media reported the story.
That's ridiculous form the media.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Then you've got a perspective problem... Or lemme ask what we're the other two chaps doing there exactly according to the video, not the media.
I don't know, what were they doing prior to the recording?

Tman*

Expert Member
must be something in the water;

or the lack there of.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I don't know, what were they doing prior to the recording?
What I observe is that the Tazz has 3 people in it. The driver and two passengers. The two passengers exit the car when white male was attacking the driver.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
What I observe is that the Tazz has 3 people in it. The driver and two passengers. The two passengers exit the car when white male was attacking the driver.
I observed 3 passengers exiting the vehicle. When did the 2 drivers exit their respective vehicles? You don't know, who knows, maybe it was the 'victim' who attacked and said white male retaliated, but that won't suit the narrative since nightmares about white middle-aged men... Without the whole story, one may only assume with what is available.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I observed 3 passengers exiting the vehicle. When did the 2 drivers exit their respective vehicles?
Two or three, whatever. But they were not inciting or part of the violence.

Yes we don't know the whole story, going to be clear as time goes.

Sollie

Executive Member
Pity we don't see the start. The video starts where the toppie is bashing the other guy ... by his bakkie door? That in itself says something. Then the other guys get out which would suggest the fight had just started. But that's also when it ends, when they get out.

I believe there's a lot we don't know, without spinning it left or right.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I am assuming we need to also the take out and ignore that he was being mobbed by 3 men while in sitting position. Because its perfectly logical to remain stationary while being mobbed.
You can't just moer someone stukkend and expect to jump into your vehicle and nonchalantly drive away. For every action there's a reaction.
For all you know the vic here was trying to get him out of the Bakkie since he's trying to leave the scene of an accident, and he resisted, which escalated the fight resulting in the other 2 trying to calm the situation.

R13...

Honorary Master
I had an idiot in a motorcycle try argue right of way with me this afternoon when he was obviously the one who should have been giving way. I just ignored him.