WATCH | Bakkie rams car during 'road rage' punch-up in Makhanda

TysonRoux

Executive Member
There's many a time at a green light with a R's hole in front on his Smart Phone, I've wished I had a powerful bakkie to move him along, ........ but this dude just took it a step too far and is likely to find himself in deep kak.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
29 June 2018.
Slowly history is replaced , under your nose , until you no longer remember your land of birth .
Also dont do road rage , nobody wins and usually an innocent gets injured/killed.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Slowly history is replaced , under your nose , until you no longer remember your land of birth .
Also dont do road rage , nobody wins and usually an innocent gets injured/killed.
You mean the 8-9 percentile?

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I had an idiot in a motorcycle try argue right of way with me this afternoon when he was obviously the one who should have been giving way. I just ignored him.
I am an everyday biker round trip 100km to work and back.
There are some bikers that are complete idiots and some that are not.
Glad you ignored him
Otherwise that idiot would of just dropped your mirror
Not worth the hassle
Thanx for 'ignoring' him :)

C4Cat

Executive Member
People used to say history was written by the victors , nowdays history is written by misunderstanders.
I'll let Mr Robbins explain:
Hardly a pure science, history is closer to animal husbandry than it is to mathematics in that it involves selective breeding. The principal difference between the husbandryman and the historian is that the former breeds sheep or cows or such and the latter breeds (assumed) facts. The husbandryman uses his skills to enrich the future, the historian uses his to enrich the past. Both are usually up to their ankles in bullshit.​
Tom Robbins, Another Roadside Attraction

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Hardly a pure science, history is closer to animal husbandry than it is to mathematics in that it involves selective breeding. The principal difference between the husbandryman and the historian is that the former breeds sheep or cows or such and the latter breeds (assumed) facts. The husbandryman uses his skills to enrich the future, the historian uses his to enrich the past. Both are usually up to their ankles in bullshit.​
Yeah except for the whole cultures with written history thing.

nightjar

Expert Member
The people are thirsty in Wakhanda. Water shortages are causing tempers to flare. They need someone to gift them some water.
The colonial benefit of piped water referred to by Helen Zille (which got her into a sh!tload of k@k) has now been completely decolonized.

C4Cat

Executive Member
Yeah except for the whole cultures with written history thing.
Still bullshit. What, you think the people doing the writing are objective, without a paradigm, without bias, prejudice, conceptual filters, preconceived ideas and all the other frailties of subjectivity and delusion?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Still bullshit. What, you think the people doing the writing are objective, without a paradigm, without bias, prejudice, conceptual filters, preconceived ideas and all the other frailties of subjectivity and delusion?
You may say the same about those rewriting history, through whichever action they decide to take.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Still much better than those that claim to have history but did not even record it.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Yeah i do , its where the facts of history came from , do you ever wonder how they got all those funny numbers from ? from counting and after battle talks....

rietrot

Honorary Master
Even if this pessimistic view of the world is 100% true, you would be a fool to just discard history. Just like you would be a fool to dicard animal husbandry.

There's lessons to be learned if we don't want to repeat the past.

rietrot

Honorary Master
For most of our history we have first hand accounts from the people actually there who wrote journals. It might be from their perspective, but it is certainly more accurate then most of the news you read online today. They had no reason to lie or to use clickbait headlines to get views or push some agenda.