WATCH | Bakkie rams car during 'road rage' punch-up in Makhanda

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Pity we don't see the start. The video starts where the toppie is bashing the other guy ... by his bakkie door? That in itself says something. Then the other guys get out which would suggest the fight had just started. But that's also when it ends, when they get out.

I believe there's a lot we don't know, without spinning it left or right.
I don't see "bashing" or even "upper cut punches" as reported. The height of his hand at the end of the stroke suggests a few PKs. Open hand vs fist.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Looks like it happened at the Beaufort and Bathurst Street intersection.

What a hellhole that place has become, and I am not referring to just this incident.
It was called Grahamstown back in the day. A lovely colonial town with a strong police force enforcing a curfew.

beans100

Honorary Master
I never liked owning a bakkie. Probably wouldn't have thought of buying one if I hadn't seen this video. Seems to be a good thing for ramming small cars out of the way, if you're in a pickle.

grok

Honorary Master
I never liked owning a bakkie. Probably wouldn't have thought of buying one if I hadn't seen this video. Seems to be a good thing for ramming small cars out of the way, if you're in a pickle.
Oh come on you're just being double-cabbist right now..

Pitbull

Verboten
Ok, fair enough, but in this case I hope it leads to this waste of humanity being arrested and charged. Looking at the guy who fell out of the tazz, the charge should be attempted murder.

Morons should start realising that, as you say, phones are everywhere and maybe you should wind your neck in sometimes.
'
Who are you referring to?

I can't see who is guilty and who's not from that video...

RonSwanson

Expert Member
The guy was fleeing for his life. Guy falling out the Tazz is just a victim of circumstances What i want to know is, the two fighting in the beginning of the clip, where/how did that altercation start?
Of course, it's clear to some that a random guy just jumps out of his bakkie and starts beating someone for absolutely no good reason.

Pitbull

Verboten
Yeah, smash a car out the way, a guy goes flying out the back seat and you drive off. You must be completely blameless.
Strange though, as I don't see a charge being laid for that, only the assault. Yet you already decided the Guy who pounded the other guy is guilty by default... I can't wait for the whole story to come to light. I just love pointing and laughing at people who jump to conclusions and are proven wrong time after time.

Sollie

Executive Member
Consider the old Chev Blazer crew cab with a winch front and rear. A road train in all-in-one. Even the taxi drivers peek out the window up at you, apologize and smile ... (true story). However your fuel bill may go up.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Cray

Honorary Master
We don't have the whole story, my issue since the beginning was how the media reported the story.
Journalism works with what it has, they presented the testimony of one person to go along with the video...

From the DispatchLive article...

The suspect remained at large, said Govender.
What else should the media do, one party is available and talking, the other isn't? If the other party is upset that his "side" isn't be represented perhaps he should hand himself over and make a press statement...