WATCH | Bloemfontein biker fighting for his life after red robot crash

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Drive a motorbike they said.
It would save time and money they said.

Honestly, this is exactly why I stopped driving one the moment I could.
I've said many a times that thing is a walking coffin.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Videos like this squelch my desire to ever think of riding a motorbike on our roads, horrific
Precisely this.

A motorbike would be awesome for me to get to and from work... but stuff like this instantly puts a stop to those ideas, our drivers are just not aware enough for a motorbike to be a safe mode of transport in this country.

Merlin

Expert Member
I picked up this video on Facebook yesterday, and as a fellow 24x7 biker, am absolutely horrified.

It really is a horror show on the roads.

To further agitate this deplorable collision, there are some who feel the need to further fuel the fire...

One Facebook respondent (a JMPD traffic officer, according to his Facebook profile) felt the need to post this hurtful comment yesterday; for which he is being taken to task by hundreds of people. It's so unnecessary, and from a professional point of view, terrifying.

Attachments

gamer16

Honorary Master
Had he even been in a Nissan 1400 skedonk-special, he would have still been better off with this accident.
Probably, but, have you seen the dash in a 1400? got a nice sharp corner like a guillotine, prime for chopping your face in half I've always thought.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I picked up this video on Facebook yesterday, and as a fellow 24x7 biker, am absolutely horrified.

It really is a horror show on the roads.

To further agitate this deplorable collision, there are some who feel the need to further fuel the fire...

One Facebook respondent (a JMPD traffic officer, according to his Facebook profile) felt the need to post this hurtful comment yesterday; for which he is being taken to task by hundreds of people. It's so unnecessary, and from a professional point of view, terrifying.
That is atrocious. I would also use it as grounds for initiating disciplinary proceedings if I was management in the JMPD

Cray

Honorary Master
Precisely this.

A motorbike would be awesome for me to get to and from work... but stuff like this instantly puts a stop to those ideas, our drivers are just not aware enough for a motorbike to be a safe mode of transport in this country.
Same reason I stopped cycling on our roads (did it for years in the UK without ever fearing for my life). The sad reality is you can do everything right and still get hammered, I know that's true to an extent with cars too but your survivability on a motorbike or bicycle is just so much lower.

konfab

Honorary Master

eg2505

Honorary Master
Drive a motorbike they said.
It would save time and money they said.

Honestly, this is exactly why I stopped driving one the moment I could.
on a motorbike, the Bumpers and crash protection is YOU!!!
not like a car, where its just metal that surrounds you.
said it before since the days of evel Knievel, motorbikes are fun, but the payoff is they are deadly in a crash.

as for the Bakkie driver, was probably drunk or distracted and didn't see a bike in front of him.
and that is a common thing, as we cant see things smaller than us on the roads,

just like a truck driver could plow into a car easily as its smaller than him.

konfab

Honorary Master
Precisely this.

A motorbike would be awesome for me to get to and from work... but stuff like this instantly puts a stop to those ideas, our drivers are just not aware enough for a motorbike to be a safe mode of transport in any country.
FTFY

In Amerilard Land

Similar sorts of thing in Britbongistan.
Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 09.04.57.png

gamer16

Honorary Master
I still want a motorcycle, just have to be super aware of my surroundings, not that that is a 100% guarantee.