WATCH | Bloemfontein biker fighting for his life after red robot crash

Urist

Expert Member
Scary stuff, hopefully they make an example out of the bakkie driver. and this memes all over the world, awareness that cars are not the only things on the road.
Fun things can be dangerous

Urist

Expert Member
Sends cold chills down my spine thinking of what my top-box would have done to it if something similar happened to me.

gamer16

Honorary Master
And how would you have avoided this?
Keep an eye on the mirror, drop the bike and run.

EDIT: Change my mind, I'd pray to God because that always f,ucking helps now doesn't it.

Last edited:

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Absolutely terrible incident (NOT ACCIDENT)!! Really did make me sick to my stomach watching that...the driver of the bakkie should be charged with attempted murder.

I advocate that the road traffic laws need be changed to introduce murder and attempted murder charges when there are INCIDENTS such as this...pure negligent driving. The reasoning behind this is simple: Vehicles have an entire chassis to protect the driver/passengers from accidents whilst motorcycles are effectively coffins on wheels (I know, I drive a bike myself).

RickMaver47

He is going to have a difficult day in court.

See he dropped the bike off at the parents place later, I wonder how he knew where they lived.
This.
I've been thinking of that statement all morning.
Could this have been a hit perhaps? Was it an accident?

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
The driver of that bakkie is a POS. It doesn't look like he slows down on impact either. Some people go too far to avoid stopping at a red light at night.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is he fecking blind? How do you drive over someone that's standing in front of you?
Well can we confirm the bike's rear tail light is working? Because even with that in a working state under a lit up area at night it is pretty damn hard to see bikes.

But this kind of **** is exactly why we lane split. You never ever park in the middle of a lane when stopping at a light unless you know the car behind you is dead still and aware of you and even then it's an unnecessary risk.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Well can we confirm the bike's rear tail light is working? Because even with that in a working state under a lit up area at night it is pretty damn hard to see bikes.

But this kind of **** is exactly why we lane split. You never ever park in the middle of a lane when stopping at a light unless you know the car behind you is dead still and aware of you and even then it's an unnecessary risk.
Lane splitting won't help you much if you see how people change lanes.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Absolutely terrible incident (NOT ACCIDENT)!! Really did make me sick to my stomach watching that...the driver of the bakkie should be charged with attempted murder.

I advocate that the road traffic laws need be changed to introduce murder and attempted murder charges when there are INCIDENTS such as this...pure negligent driving. The reasoning behind this is simple: Vehicles have an entire chassis to protect the driver/passengers from accidents whilst motorcycles are effectively coffins on wheels (I know, I drive a bike myself).
The reasoning behind what?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
And how would you have avoided this?
1. Not stopping in the middle of the lane.
2. Staying in 1st gear.
3. Being aware of everything that is happening behind you, especially when vulnerable.

Not that the bike SHOULD have needed to do any of this but if he was paying attention behind him he could have attempted to move.

Being on a bike and being at higher risk the onus is on you to compensate for that risk, because **** does happen and you want to to your very best to reduce that ****.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Lane splitting won't help you much if you see how people change lanes.
I've done it for 13+ years.

It makes all the difference.

It's statistically safer for bikes as well and there are many ways to do it properly and (more) safely. Being aware of how people behave being part and parcel of riding safely.

If he parked in the lane split area the bakkie would have driven past him and at best clipped his mirror.

Craig

Honorary Master
I picked up this video on Facebook yesterday, and as a fellow 24x7 biker, am absolutely horrified.

It really is a horror show on the roads.

To further agitate this deplorable collision, there are some who feel the need to further fuel the fire...

One Facebook respondent (a JMPD traffic officer, according to his Facebook profile) felt the need to post this hurtful comment yesterday; for which he is being taken to task by hundreds of people. It's so unnecessary, and from a professional point of view, terrifying.
What a cnt. I hope they discipline the poephol.

Craig

Honorary Master
I've done it for 13+ years.

It makes all the difference.

It's statistically safer for bikes as well and there are many ways to do it properly and (more) safely. Being aware of how people behave being part and parcel of riding safely.

If he parked in the lane split area the bakkie would have driven past him and at best clipped his mirror.
You mean well but this was entirely avoidable had the fool in the vehicle just followed some basic rules, keep left, keep to the speed limit and look wtf you're going. I hope they throw the book at him in a big way. And then he has the audacity to blame the victim, what a scumbag.