• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

[Watch] Carte Blanche: Luxury Vehicle Ponzi Scam

maumau

Honorary Master
I watched this on Sunday.

Still don't have a clue what was done or how it was done. Please will somebody explain in simple terms :)

Kosmik

Honorary Master
WOW, damn people are gullible. That dealership and salesperson should be held as accomplices though.

With jippo'ing by the applications, both BMW and Wesbank should be smacked and the debt written off with the cars returned.

Last edited:

UrBaN963

Executive Member
I watched this on Sunday.

Still don't have a clue what was done or how it was done. Please will somebody explain in simple terms :)
Basically, you buy the car at R500,000, but finance for R600,000. The extra R100,000 is invested in QSG, and the returns on investment help to repay the monthly payments.

So where your monthly repayment should be R12,000 (for a R600,000 car), your ROI covers maybe R10,000 and you owe the balance (R2,000).

Only, is was a scam and there was no money returning from QSG.

maumau

Honorary Master
Basically, you buy the car at R500,000, but finance for R600,000. The extra R100,000 is invested in QSG, and the returns on investment help to repay the monthly payments.

So where your monthly repayment should be R12,000 (for a R600,000 car), your ROI covers maybe R10,000 and you owe the balance (R2,000).

Only, is was a scam and there was no money returning from QSG.
Oooooooh, now I get it, tks UrBaN963. Quite clever.

Last edited:

skimread

Executive Member
It was Melrose Arch, it has to be legit!
The director of BMW Melrose Arch is Justin Divaris. That is the same guy Oscar Pistorius, after shooting Reeva Steenkamp, phoned in the early hours of the morning.

If Oscar Pistorius trusts this guy then it must be legit

skimread

Executive Member
Just a recap who Justin Devaris is

The phone on the bedside table vibrated and woke Justin Divaris from a deep slumber. It was 3:59 AM on Valentine’s Day. Justin rolled over, looked at the screen and mumbled to his girlfriend Samantha Greyvenstein, ‘Oscar’s phoning me.’ He ignored the call, but when it rang for a second time Samantha urged him to answer it. ‘Answer the phone, maybe it’s something serious,’ she said.

‘Hi, Oz,’ Samantha heard Justin say, followed by, ‘Don’t speak ****!’ Oscar had told his friend that he had shot Reeva.

‘What are you talking about? I don’t understand you,’ Justin repeated. ‘There has been a terrible accident – I shot Reeva.’

It was at that point that Carice had taken the phone from Oscar and continued the conversation with Justin. She told him it was true and that he should get to the house.

‘Is she okay? Did the gun go off by accident?’ Justin wanted to know. ‘No. She’s not okay. You need to get here.’

Samantha heard him say, ‘I’m coming now, I’m coming now,’ and he shot out of bed, turned on the lights and changed into a tracksuit.

‘Is everything okay?’ she asked Justin, who had turned a ghostly white. ‘No,’ he said. ‘Oscar’s shot Reeva.’

‘What?’

‘Get ready, we need to go.’

Samantha had heard a woman’s voice on the other end of the phone and had assumed it was Reeva’s. She thought the incident couldn’t have been that serious and didn’t think to question Justin further about the gravity of the situation. She thought it must have been an accidental discharge and that her friend had been wounded in the leg or somewhere like that and her life wouldn’t be in any danger. Samantha had assumed that Oscar was just ‘freaking out’ unnecessarily. She wasn’t overly panicked when she climbed into Justin’s car.

But Justin was driving at speed in a McLaren and was still horribly pale. He hadn’t said a word since taking the call.

‘Is everything okay? What’s wrong?’ Samantha asked. ‘I just hope she’s okay,’ Justin responded.

‘What do you mean, you hope she’s okay? She was on the phone to you now,’ Samantha quizzed him, her voice increasingly anxious.

‘No, Sam, that was the neighbour. Apparently it’s not very good.’ It was then that Samantha started to panic.

‘Oh my God, just get there. We just need to get there now!’

The 60-kilometre trip took Justin and Samantha just over a quarter of an hour, not entirely unlikely for a man who sells luxury sports cars. The couple barely said another word to one another for the rest of the journey as they lost themselves in their respective worries.

Samantha kept telling herself everything was going to be fine. ‘As soon as the ambulance gets there, she will go to hospital and as soon as you get to hospital everything is fine, you know,’ she convinced herself.

When they arrived at the gate to the estate security was reluctant to allow them in.

‘No, it’s fine, phone the house and they’ll let us in,’ Justin tried to explain to the security guard.

‘I was hanging out the window saying, “Is the ambulance here yet? Have they come yet?”’ recalls Samantha. ‘Eventually the guy said to me, “The ambulance has come and left but they didn’t take her with.” I thought, ah well that must mean she’s fine… They’ve patched her up and your mind tells you the best-case scenario all the time.’

It was still pitch dark when Justin and Samantha pulled up outside Oscar’s house at 4:20 AM. The guards were trying to keep vehicles away but Samantha was already ‘borrelling’ (tumbling) out the car before Justin had even brought it to a stop.

‘I just wanted to get inside and go and see her but the neighbours came to Justin and said, “I don’t think she should go in,” and I said, “No! I’m going in!” The neighbour actually tried to hug me and I said to him, “Who are you? That’s my best friend, I’m going in there!” Then Justin said, “Is she dead?” and they went, “Ja.” And then I broke down and said, “**** all of you, I’m going inside.”’ But the police kept her away from the scene anyway.

I still don't see where this Gospel singer guy comes in. He earned R 1mil a month from QSG but that is all they are saying... This insert has created more questions than actually solving anything? Or is it just me?

aleksandar

I still don't see where this Gospel singer guy comes in. He earned R 1mil a month from QSG but that is all they are saying... This insert has created more questions than actually solving anything? Or is it just me?
He was recommending this deal to parishioners, and being man of church many believed that all is above board.
At the same time he was receiving fat monthly premium for finding new clients.