WATCH: EFF's Shivambu in scuffle with journalist

Cray

Honorary Master
Who did he lay charges against? Surely he would have laid charges against all 3 if they all assaulted him? Shivambu is a moron who deserves to be in jail. But from this angle, I don't see how the other 2 could have been charged.
All three of them were man handling him, looks like assault to me..

TheChamp

Honorary Master
They did not intervene as you claimed, unless you meant they intervened to assist Floyd with his assault on the journalist.
You are annoyed for some reason and you cannot see straight, go back and read my posts when you are calm.

Maurice Kitching

You are annoyed for some reason and you cannot see straight, go back and read my posts when you are calm.
Hmm. So going back to what was originally posted? The assertion was made that had it been 3 white guys holding/assaulting a black person, regardless of their respective positions in society, it would have been construed as a hate crime and those people would most likely be behind bars now. I tend to agree with that assertion. That's just the nature of the society we live in.

ponder

Honorary Master

I never saw the video before, from that picture it looked like they were intervening.

I wonder why they were not charged
, but it is Floyd who grabbed him by the throat and it is Floyd who is the politician, the two are probably small fry who don't matter.

Meaning they were assisting Floyd.

Apologies.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Floyd. Look at the video again, they are restraining the journalist and also going for his camera. Laying hands on a person or holding a person so your buddy can moer him is still assault. He probably went for the big fish.
I'll have a look on a larger screen later

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Hmm. So going back to what was originally posted? The assertion was made that had it been 3 white guys holding/assaulting a black person, regardless of their respective positions in society, it would have been construed as a hate crime and those people would most likely be behind bars now. I tend to agree with that assertion. That's just the nature of the society we live in.
Well the poster seems to be insinuating that this was a racial attack, that's why he brought that up.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
In your honest opinion, do you think the three of them would have gunned for a black journalist snapping photos?
Cameramen/photographers get attacked on a regular basis unfortunately. If said photographer was involved in stories such as the ones Adrian writes, then there's a chance he'd be attacked. Seen how they used to attack Justice Malala and Mondli Makhanya on twitter...?

Bewlen

Expert Member
Well the poster seems to be insinuating that this was a racial attack, that's why he brought that up.
You should go back and read the post again. Maybe I could quote it here for brevity?

If it was three white people and one black. They would have said it was a racist attack. But this is allowed on white person...

This court case would have been over within a few weeks and the white people behind bars.
The insinuation was not that it was a racial attack, but that it would have been treated differently had some monochrome-inversion (?) been applied.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
In your honest opinion, do you think the three of them would have gunned for a black journalist snapping photos?
I don't want to employ my prophetic gift on that, it's easy to say they won't but what would that be based on? I don't know what triggered the incident, what if they thought the black journalist was sent by Jamnadas or Cyril and his WMC buddies?

The EFF has a complicated relationship which cuts across racial lines with journalists, if they only had a problem with white journalists they wouldn't do such things to Karima, unless she looked white to them.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You should go back and read the post again. Maybe I could quote it here for brevity?

The insinuation was not that it was a racial attack, but that it would have been treated differently had some monochrome-inversion (?) been applied.
He is honestly aggrieved that there is no racial uproar about 3 black men attacking one white man.

If it was three white people and one black. They would have said it was a racist attack. But this is allowed on white person...

He is employing the same tactic he is accusing others of.

konfab

Honorary Master

This court case would have been over within a few weeks and the white people behind bars.
1e0a96cea691525966f18075acc0097a0b3307f7fe99e18cc330e5e56d98d033_1.jpg

Maurice Kitching

I don't want to employ my prophetic gift on that, it's easy to say they won't but what would that be based on? I don't know what triggered the incident, what if they thought the black journalist was sent by Jamnadas or Cyril and his WMC buddies?

The EFF has a complicated relationship which cuts across racial lines with journalists, if they only had a problem with white journalists they wouldn't do such things to Karima, unless she looked white to them.

Thought the question was simpler to answer.