WATCH: EFF's Shivambu in scuffle with journalist

Maurice Kitching

You preferred a yes or no answer?
Yip. I did use the word "opinion" as well. Getting straight answers when having a cordial discussion is usually a sign of a good faith argument. I don't really have the time to engage to the extent that I see a lot of the other participants in this forum do. I think it's fairly easy to see the leanings of the participants who engage regularly, and considering those leanings it is refreshing to sometimes see a response that runs counter to the person's group narative.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yip. I did use the word "opinion" as well. Getting straight answers when having a cordial discussion is usually a sign of a good faith argument. I don't really have the time to engage to the extent that I see a lot of the other participants in this forum do. I think it's fairly easy to see the leanings of the participants who engage regularly, and considering those leanings it is refreshing to sometimes see a response that runs counter to the person's group narative.
Okay.

ponder

Honorary Master
Cameramen/photographers get attacked on a regular basis unfortunately. If said photographer was involved in stories such as the ones Adrian writes, then there's a chance he'd be attacked. Seen how they used to attack Justice Malala and Mondli Makhanya on twitter...?

That's not physical assault though.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
That's not physical assault though.
He never said it was, he is saying their general conduct towards journalist implies that they won't hesitate to enter into a physical confrontation if the opportunity present itself.

They have never assaulted a journalist before this one as far as i know so there is also no precedence to point at that implies they have a race preference in the journalists they assault.

ponder

Honorary Master
They have never assaulted a journalist before this one as far as i know so there is also no precedence to point at that implies they have a race preference in the journalists they assault.

Journalists no, police yes.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Cameramen/photographers get attacked on a regular basis unfortunately. If said photographer was involved in stories such as the ones Adrian writes, then there's a chance he'd be attacked. Seen how they used to attack Justice Malala and Mondli Makhanya on twitter...?

Which makes the attack on the journalist OK?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Oh boy. Anyone notice how the MyCadre bunch has run interference for the last three pages for the EFF?

Kryptonite

If it was three white people and one black. They would have said it was a racist attack. But this is allowed on white person...

This court case would have been over within a few weeks and the white people behind bars.
and the SAHRC would have been involved as well.............

Kryptonite

Well the poster seems to be insinuating that this was a racial attack, that's why he brought that up.
it absolutely was racially motivated, Floyd and the entire EFF have made their stance known. they feed on black hatred towards white people and have duly capitalized on it, it's been there tactic from day 1, garner votes from angry people of colour and galvanize that hatred into something the EFF can use.

ponder

Honorary Master
it absolutely was racially motivated, Floyd and the entire EFF have made their stance known. they feed on black hatred towards white people and have duly capitalized on it, it's been there tactic from day 1, garner votes from angry people of colour and galvanize that hatred into something the EFF can use.

their

Oldfut

I agree but think it is the opposite way around. The EFF (and the ANC) forment, encourage, start, generate etc a hatred of black against white. I do not believe their is much existing amongst the general public.