Watch: Ex-Wits Principal Adam Habib uses ‘N-word’ during webinar

3WA

Honorary Master
I feel nothing for Habib though, he would be quite happy to be part of the mob if it was someone else.

Who did he join the mob against? I don't remember any specific example of this so I'm curious.

R13...

Honorary Master
Who did he join the mob against? I don't remember any specific example of this so I'm curious.
Yeah can't remember any case of him asking to have someone cancelled for ridiculous reasons.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Oawwww, did his word hurt the poor lil feelings of the students? Well, most of them are naggers anyways.

noxibox

Honorary Master
We get called baboons, monkeys, primates and subhumans all the time here. There's no consequence.
We who?

You'd do better to address actual racism instead of trying to prevent the use of certain words. Especially generic and widely used terms like baboon.

You are, presumably, a primate.

R13...

Honorary Master
Does the vote have any meaning on what the management decide? Unions aren't as powerful in the UK even here they often get ignored by big man politicians.

Regardless it looks like he'll be cancelled which is said becauSe the remark was totally innocent. He's being accused of racism in a textbook definition of racism by his opponents. He's accused of racism for using the word not because he's racist but because he's not the right skin colour to be allowed to utter the word. A black person would apparently be allowed to use the word in the exact same scenario without any sort of censure. It's ****ing sad.