Watch: Ex-Wits Principal Adam Habib uses ‘N-word’ during webinar

LOM

Honorary Master
Does the vote have any meaning on what the management decide? Unions aren't as powerful in the UK even here they often get ignored by big man politicians.

Regardless it looks like he'll be cancelled which is said becauSe the remark was totally innocent. He's being accused of racism in a textbook definition of racism by his opponents. He's accused of racism for using the word not because he's racist but because he's not the right skin colour to be allowed to utter the word. A black person would apparently be allowed to use the word in the exact same scenario without any sort of censure. It's ****ing sad.
It's a classic pot kettle situation

Oldfut

Who did he join the mob against? I don't remember any specific example of this so I'm curious.
He was main peanut in HSRC at one time - enough for me to say it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

surface

Honorary Master
IMO, this is gross misuse of power and distracts from real issues. On this topic, John McWhorter is a must read or listen to on youtube.

Oldfut

What did he do at the HSRC?
wiki is easy enough and says "Executive Director" DGSD (D&G) at HSRC i.e. a main peanut, if not the main peanut. Article says "Think of Adam Habib as the guy with the loudhailer". Well they seem to have got that right. Seemed to write about topics like "Race and redress, which looks at redress mechanisms in education, the economy, the public sector and sport", "Racial redress & citizenship in South Africa" and other race based stuff. Says heavily influenced by Marx and Trotsky; back in the day anyway. Some reasonable comment in between though about the ANC elites scoring (obviously he doesn't look in the mirror; net worth estimated at USD 1 - 5m, Wits "salary" was around R3,5m annually, not too shabby). Barred from the US for a while for having links with "terrorism" so I assume he was an ANC "activist", although this is not obvious.

No chum of mine; take him down :)

LOM

Honorary Master
So no principles, no merit re the current case, it's about his character and opinions.
Were too quick to be fundamentalists, that's why politicians have taken over every aspect of life.

3WA

Honorary Master
wiki is easy enough and says "Executive Director" DGSD (D&G) at HSRC i.e. a main peanut, if not the main peanut. Article says "Think of Adam Habib as the guy with the loudhailer". Well they seem to have got that right. Seemed to write about topics like "Race and redress, which looks at redress mechanisms in education, the economy, the public sector and sport", "Racial redress & citizenship in South Africa" and other race based stuff. Says heavily influenced by Marx and Trotsky; back in the day anyway. Some reasonable comment in between though about the ANC elites scoring (obviously he doesn't look in the mirror; net worth estimated at USD 1 - 5m, Wits "salary" was around R3,5m annually, not too shabby). Barred from the US for a while for having links with "terrorism" so I assume he was an ANC "activist", although this is not obvious.

What a dumb response you've given.

3WA

Honorary Master
Nice of you to outline what is "dumb" about it but carry on.

See the question in post #223 and maybe try to answer it. See also post #227 for some guidance about where your "answer" is lacking.

LOM

Honorary Master
"They admitted that Habib had erred and exercised poor judgment in using the N-word"

I still don't see it. He was being specific and discussing a subject in a very specific context. The word was used to be specific, not to insult. How can it be poor judgement?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Odd, no issue when the universal thought police raise the siren against a particular universal group. This in my view is a bit rich.

The same concerns raised in that article have been raised in these discussion boards many a time and have always been heartily challenged.

Who you gonna call?

Reactions: LOM

Oldfut

See the question in post #223 and maybe try to answer it. See also post #227 for some guidance about where your "answer" is lacking.
I outlined what he did at HSRC. You see different?

Habib in race related controversy is, in my view, "hoist with his own petard". HSRC snuffle into every bit of race related (white to black) they can find, now one of their ex main peanuts gets nailed for what "Indian on black racism"? Niemoller style but he seems to have quite a bit of support amongst those who say nothing when the boot is put into whitey. Could not happen to a nicer guy. For me, all new wokeishness and, in SA, deliberately driven by the ANC elites to create division and tension between the races, all to keep voters on side (and poor) while they loot.

Reactions: LOM

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Bunch of South African "intellectuals" sitting in cushy jobs because of government legislation should keep their traps shut. Wtf would they know about the 500 years of black suffering that student experienced?