Watch: Ex-Wits Principal Adam Habib uses ‘N-word’ during webinar

Neuk_

Expert Member
"They admitted that Habib had erred and exercised poor judgment in using the N-word"

I still don't see it. He was being specific and discussing a subject in a very specific context. The word was used to be specific, not to insult. How can it be poor judgement?

It wasn't poor judgment, he used the word completely in context relating to the point he was trying to make, there was nothing insulting nor derogatory about it. It is simply snowflakes who expect others to take responsibility for their complete inability to comprehend an adult discussion and as a result understand context and intent.

LOM

Honorary Master
It wasn't poor judgment, he used the word completely in context relating to the point he was trying to make, there was nothing insulting nor derogatory about it. It is simply snowflakes who expect others to take responsibility for their complete inability to comprehend an adult discussion and as a result understand context and intent.
Why are unis so full of these armchair warriors?
Wet behind the ears I guess... think they're now adults but behave like school kids.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Why are unis so full of these armchair warriors?
Wet behind the ears I guess... think they're now adults but behave like school kids.

I am not sure, there wasn't social media when I was studying but I don't remember anything like this happening, besides the usual protests for students who continuously failed and the annual lone jumper off Senate House.

Reactions: LOM

Neuk_

Expert Member
I am not sure, there wasn't social media when I was studying but I don't remember anything like this happening, besides the usual protests for students who continuously failed and the annual lone jumper off Senate House.

Come to think of it, there was an incident where I was told by a lecturer that I was a spoiled rich white brat after I made the comment that sadly, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I just remember laughing and getting on with life.

Reactions: LOM