WATCH | Hijackers caught on camera - and nabbed in 13 minutes

namzsteve

Expert Member
Beautiful work from the popo!!!!

Wish every road in our country had a camera to help nab these f#ck@rs! But we are not paying for etolls

thechamp

Honorary Master
somethings off here, question is does sanral employ actors?
as how did the camera operator know to Zoom in exactly on the "hijacked vehicles"

how did they know it was a Hijacking and not a breakdown?
also, what led to this van just stopping on the shoulder of the road?
I would be ashamed if I were you, read your post again, look at the video and try to figure out why I say this.

Grep

Like others have said, it looks staged. If you know you were going down, you won't just co-operate. You will go in with a fight, no matter what you are driving. Everyone looks too calm, staged.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Like others have said, it looks staged. If you know you were going down, you won't just co-operate. You will go in with a fight, no matter what you are driving. Everyone looks too calm, staged.
So you have never heard of a criminal giving up without a fight? Some criminals are not fools and will quickly understand that engaging in a gunfight with police is not always a bright idea.

Last edited:

access

Executive Member
fake staged nonsense.

sanral trying to win favour with the public.

is this what makhura and mboweni came with with after they were told to find a solution a few days ago.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So you have never heard of a criminal giving up without a fight? Some criminals are not fools and will quickly understand that engaging in a gunfight with police is not always a bright idea.
There people you are talking too are also clearly not police, security guards or very involved CPF members and don't realise how something small can turn violent or be very chaotic, while other big incidents are calmer than anything.

TheFriendlyGhost

Expert Member
Reading through the comments, I can offer a little insight on the operation by the Traffic Managements Services at Sanral (no, I do not work for SANRAL or TMS - I just know ****):

They have a room with a video wall with a kak load of TVs. Those LED information boards that tell you the traffic flow and times to certain points on the highway are controlled by the Team that monitor those TVs.

The reason why they focused on the hijacking incident is because this is part of their job (not looking for hijacking, but it is a greater picture) The operator sees a vehicle pull over to the side of the road, he/she zooms in to check the reason (driver involuntarily did so, medical emergency, blowout, etc). In the event of a medical emergency and ALS (advance life support) paramedic will be dispatched (usually on a motorbike as they can get to you quicker. For mechanical, and if you are obstructing the flow of traffic, the the traffic crew is dispatched. If you are not obstructing the flow of traffic, they will monitor your, like they did in this instance, until your roadside assistance gets there.

The manner in which the metro pulled over the vehicle is a pure lack of training, Back in our day, even in a routine stop, one officer would always remain at the vehicle with his/her hand on their firearm and the other would approach the vehicle in the same manner. In the instance of know armed felons (you can see the guy that climbed into the kombi's driver's side door, had a pistol in his hand). The flying squad would respond as they are trained for these scenarios

thechamp

Honorary Master
Reading through the comments, I can offer a little insight on the operation by the Traffic Managements Services at Sanral (no, I do not work for SANRAL or TMS - I just know ****):

They have a room with a video wall with a kak load of TVs. Those LED information boards that tell you the traffic flow and times to certain points on the highway are controlled by the Team that monitor those TVs.

The reason why they focused on the hijacking incident is because this is part of their job (not looking for hijacking, but it is a greater picture) The operator sees a vehicle pull over to the side of the road, he/she zooms in to check the reason (driver involuntarily did so, medical emergency, blowout, etc). In the event of a medical emergency and ALS (advance life support) paramedic will be dispatched (usually on a motorbike as they can get to you quicker. For mechanical, and if you are obstructing the flow of traffic, the the traffic crew is dispatched. If you are not obstructing the flow of traffic, they will monitor your, like they did in this instance, until your roadside assistance gets there.

The manner in which the metro pulled over the vehicle is a pure lack of training, Back in our day, even in a routine stop, one officer would always remain at the vehicle with his/her hand on their firearm and the other would approach the vehicle in the same manner. In the instance of know armed felons (you can see the guy that climbed into the kombi's driver's side door, had a pistol in his hand). The flying squad would respond as they are trained for these scenarios
@eg2505? Read this post, all of it.

eg2505

Honorary Master
@eg2505? Read this post, all of it.
ok, that explains it,

but I remember the police car would usually be standing at buccleu, at the Split to the N1 and M2 freeways, just before woodmead.
why in this case were the cops so far away?

thechamp

Honorary Master
ok, that explains it,

but I remember the police car would usually be standing at buccleu, at the Split to the N1 and M2 freeways, just before woodmead.
why in this case were the cops so far away?
I never knew they were fixed standards for where the police cars should be located on the freeway, I usually encounter them at random places.