WATCH: Light aircraft gatecrashes OR Tambo taxiway, as 'pilot drops off friend late for a flight

blowdart18

or is it there are certain "no-Go" zones they simply cant go as they please.
Generally Ground Control will tell you where you should go, i.e IWE use Taxiway A, B, C, park at Apron E,
However a good pilot will do a lot of ground work before flying, so they would have a chart similar to the below and have a good idea as to where ATC will tell you where to go.

But there are no-go areas, ATC is not perfect either, so for example note 2 tells you that aircraft with wing span of 52m or more are not allowed on Apron D

Flanders

Honorary Master
There's some speculation that he was cleared for 03L and was not used to the scale of things at somewhere like ortia and so mistook 03L for 03R and landed on taxiway alpha on the western side parallel with 03L.

neoprema

Expert Member
According to some posts on the avcom forum the pilot had a flight plan for FABL-FAOR, the poor sod however landed on the taxiway instead of runway 03L. It's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last.

Avcom is frequented by people from the local aviation sector and I tend to trust what gets posted there more than what the media says. There will be an investigation which will be published.
How? you have 1 job as a pilot when it comes to landing a plane - LOOK AT THE RUNWAY?

ponder

Honorary Master
How? you have 1 job as a pilot when it comes to landing a plane - LOOK AT THE RUNWAY?
It happens to the best of them, a delta airlines 767 landed on the taxiway at atlanta, harrison ford did it at john wayne, hell a c-17 globemaster even missed the airport and landed at the wrong one with a runway shorter than it's rated for. Biggest damage so far are bruised egos :laugh:

Mila

Honorary Master
I love how the two pilots are trying not to laugh too hard

Flanders

Honorary Master
Reminds me of that BA 747 that missed the turn and taxied down taxiway M clipping it's wing and had to be scrapped.

Such a sad sight. On the other hand, these pics provide some of the finest examples of the scale of a 747.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Saw that earlier. The people in the recording aircraft sound like they're having sex.
LMAO

Really does sound like it and him trying to keep her quiet. You can even hear some feint cheek slapping , LMAO.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so, was this an honest mistake, or deliberate?
as that 747 that crashed into the building, how did that happen?
also a mistake?