WATCH | Locals loot beer after SAB truck collapses on highway

HunterNW

Honorary Master
https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/...ot-beer-after-sab-truck-collapses-on-highway/

Thirsty throats were soothed on Monday when locals stole beer after a Castle Lite truck lost its load on the Mabopane highway in Gauteng.
Videos of people rejoicing after the incident were shared on social media by various users.
In some of the videos, police officials can be seen on sight as motorists and nearby residents rush to grab beers, despite the ban on alcohol during lockdown level 3.
SAB confirmed to SowetanLIVE's sister publication TimesLIVE it was aware of the incident.
Watch the videos below:

Flanders

Honorary Master
police officials can be seen on sight
As is usually the case, Mr. Journo. I think you meant 'site'.

If only these locusts would do their locust work on things like litter. Then I'd not even mind if they got the odd beer for their efforts.

acidrain

Executive Member
I thought transporting alcohol was illegal?
I think they managed to agree on terms that they can transport from their production facilities, to their warehouse / storage facilities.

This allows them to still keep production going.

SAB Newlands is still brewing 3x a week.

Cray

Honorary Master
I think they managed to agree on terms that they can transport from their production facilities, to their warehouse / storage facilities.

This allows them to still keep production going.

SAB Newlands is still brewing 3x a week.
Ah okay, didn't realize this...

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I'm sure a special investigative unit will be stood up shortly, along with a commission of investigation into this serious crime of obtaining alcohol during lockdown.

Unfortunately, the same people tagged for these commissions would be needed for corruption investigations, so those will have to wait until the conclusion.

vigras rojara

Expert Member
As is usually the case, Mr. Journo. I think you meant 'site'.

If only these locusts would do their locust work on things like litter. Then I'd not even mind if they got the odd beer for their efforts.
Not to mention a truck "collapsing". Really bad.....

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Castle Lite is not ****ing beer !!!!!!!!!
i can drink a case of that in one go and nothing happens
waste of money
Considering its only 1% less alcohol than standard Castle - I'm assuming Castle also isn't a beer?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I have no problem with lost loads being taken, secure your loads! Or in this case, don't overload your truck or buy trucks up to the task!