WATCH | M3 on the N3: Police launch investigation after footage of blue BMW wheel spinning

HunterNW

Honorary Master

Late last week, two videos emerged on social media of a blue BMW involved in wheel spinning on two occasions - on the N3 highway in Johannesburg and on another public road.

The Johannesburg Metro Police Department is investigating both incidents and says it's unclear whether the videos were of the same vehicle.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I've seen a Polo doing the same on N4. It was on a Saturday morning so, not a lot of traffic. After a few clumsy attempts, they drove across the median and down the slip road, going against traffic direction.

Probably drunk after a Friday night jol.

Same thing in our neigbourhood in the early hours on a Saturday/Sunday morning or late evening on Friday/Saturday, some moron spinning in the intersection.

One night I stood laughing as a guy in a Fiesta was spinning his tyres in the intersection (I am one house away from the intersection), then you could smell clutch burning and then he couldn't move his car.

Last edited:

The_MAC

Executive Member

Late last week, two videos emerged on social media of a blue BMW involved in wheel spinning on two occasions - on the N3 highway in Johannesburg and on another public road.

The Johannesburg Metro Police Department is investigating both incidents and says it's unclear whether the videos were of the same vehicle.
That last snippet where he is doing this on a road with traffic pi$$es me off - if you want to lose your legs and not endanger anyone, then go for it, but this is criminal!

Paul Kemp

According to Johan Jonck, founder of the Arrive Alive Online Initiative, about 85% of fatal road crashes are the result of human error.

"It is both sad and disturbing to watch these videos...This is also why the transport authorities and the Road Traffic Management Corporation is always pleading for a change of mindset needed amongst road users so as to make our roads safer," he told News24.
Better policing would be a good start if you want to change mindsets. Drivers don’t give a damn about road rules because traffic cops aren’t doing their jobs properly. Using social media to target fools isn’t the answer.