WATCH: Man assaults teen 'over salt' at Limpopo restaurant

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Limpopo police have launched a manhunt for a man who assaulted a 16-year-old boy at a shopping mall in Groblersdal.

The perpetrator can be seen repeatedly kicking the teenager after being thrown to the ground as his friends plead for mercy.

The man also pointed a firearm at the teenager.

A video of the incident on Wednesday evening has since gone viral on social media.

Police say the assault was sparked by an incident at a local fish and chips outlet.

The boy had asked the man to pass him the salt after buying food which erupted into an argument over who should use the seasoning first.

Spokesperson Motlafela Mojapelo says cases of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and the unlawful pointing of a firearm are being investigated.

"We are looking for the suspect who is from Marble Hall as the investigations are still at a preliminary stage. The victim came to the police station accompanied by her mother this morning, his condition appears not to be serious because there are no visible injuries, the medical report will guide us further in our investigations.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Groblersdal man arrested for assaulting teen over salt​

Limpopo police have arrested a 50-year-old man who assaulted a 16-year-old boy at a shopping mall in Groblersdal.

The man can be seen in a video repeatedly kicking the teenager as his friends plead for mercy.

The man also pointed a firearm at the teenager.

Police say the assault was sparked by an incident at a local fish and chips outlet where the boy had asked the man to pass him the salt.

An argument then erupted over who should use the seasoning first.

The suspect will appear in the Groblersdal Magistrate's Court on Friday on charges of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and the unlawful pointing of a firearm.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I came across this whilst going through the truckers’ protesting news and videos. I don't know how I missed this since I keep a watch on the news all day.

This man is unhinged, and shouldn’t be carrying a side arm. Thanks to him, he will only rain down more racial supremacy stigmatisation on the minority.

PrimeSteak

Executive Member
Saw this, this morning on Newzroom Afrika. ****ing guy is insane, why beat someone to a pulp and aim a gun at them, OVER ****ING SALT????

Probably faces not only assault but child abuse charges, not gonna be a one or two-year sentence for him...

The guy should be thrown in jail for a loonnggg time.

P.S
I genuinely hope this doesn't become another week of "White People BAD" generalization in the media with 900+ shitty opinion pieces to be written about this like with the pissing...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I read in another report that a dispute arose between the man and kid's cousin over the salt pot. Then the man threatened the kid's cousin with his handgun in which the kid intervened and was pushed outside by the man. From there the video rolled. Apparently, the kid’s sister broke the news on social media.

It is also said that the place is a vetkoek shop, not that it matters, but the reporting is mixed in some places. There is a video, and the video is doing the talking.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Gun-wielding man arrested for 'kicking, stomping on teen' in Limpopo​

A police source from the area told TimesLIVE the incident took place outside a “shop that sells fat cakes at the Game Centre”.

“From what we understand the boy and the man ... became involved in an altercation after the boy knocked over a salt pot in the shop.” The source said EFF members had started arriving and there were fears that protests would flare up.

The victim’s mother, who is not being named to shield the identify of her son, told Newzroom Afrika she did not know the full extent of her 16-year old son’s injuries.

“My son is complaining about chest pains and his whole body is painful,” she told Xoli Mngambi at the broadcaster.

“The reason my son was assaulted was the salt at another shop that sells [hot] chips. They wanted to use the salt but the white man was using it. The man did not want to give them the salt,” she said. The situation quickly turned violent with a firearm being drawn.

wbot

Executive Member
This trash will only get a R20k fine like Jaco Swart, nothing else. Right?