Watch: Man critical after BMW smashes into lane divider in Cape Town

thestaggy

Honorary Master
MotoGP bikes are not setup for top end speed, all depending on the track and the max length of the longest straight. Those bikes can easily go over 400km/h with the right setup. Not sure where you got that 340Km/h as that is not true at all

Valentino Rossi, 1996, Aprilia and the top speed in the history of MotoGP is 356.4 km/h (221.5 mph)

Friend's bike tops out at 376kmph. (not standard obviously)

My family sedan gets to 260km/h in no time, and it does not feel fast at all, those 2 cars were moving very fast, one can never judge speed my looking at a video clip, it always looks like they are driving slower that they actually are.
Rough guesstimate that was not far off.

Not sure where Rossi and 1996 comes in. Rossi was 16 in and making his 125 cc debut.

The 5 fastest speeds in MotoGP™ history

1 - Andrea Dovizioso’s (Ducati), 356.5 km/h @ Mugello 2018
2 - Andrea Iannone (Ducati), 354.9 km/h @ Mugello 2016
3 - Michele Pirro (Ducati), 354.7 km/h @ Mugello 2017
4 - Danilo Petrucci (Ducati), 351.9 km/h @ Losail
5 - Andrea Iannone (Ducati), 351.2 km/h @ Losail
Point I was making is that a MotoGP bike costs millions of dollars with expert engineering behind it, so I find it hard to believe that there are many bikes out there rivalling their top end.

Kawasaki's H2R was clocked at an unofficial 400 km/h in the hands of Kenan Sofuoglu and that uses Kawasaki's MotoGP and WSBK experience.

Last edited:

irBosOtter

Expert Member

Not sure where Rossi and 1996 comes in. Rossi was 16 in and making his 125 cc debut.

And I got my figures from MotoGP itself.

Point I was making is that a MotoGP bike costs millions of dollars with expert engineering behind it, so I find it hard to believe that there are many bikes out there rivalling their top end.

Kawasaki's H2R was clocked at 400 km/h and that uses Kawasakis MotoGP and WSBK experience.
That was just me copying more (or a idiotic copy rather haha) than I should, the 1996 was for something else

"The highest speed for a MotoGP motorcycle in 125 cc category is 249.76 km/h (155.19 mph) by Valentino Rossi in 1996 for Aprilia and the top speed in the history of MotoGP is 356.4 km/h (221.5 mph), set by Andrea Dovizioso, during the race at the 2018 Italian Grand Prix. "

Kawasaki's H2R was clocked at an unofficial 400 km/h in the hands of Kenan Sofuoglu and that uses Kawasaki's MotoGP and WSBK experience.
pfft..

Wiki
The lap record for the Senior TT race is 16 minutes and 42.778 seconds at an average speed of 135.452 mph (217.989 km/h)
In the 2006 TT practice New Zealander Bruce Anstey achieved the unofficial current top speed record of 206 mph (332 km/h
That is on a course which has a built up area and is 60KM long. :D

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Guys, I think the mother gave a decent interview.

Expecting someone in her (I'm assuming here) 50's to know why her son was driving an M3 F80, is a bit harsh. Let's leave the religious fanaticism out of it for a second.
Bullshit.

It’s a simple cover for removing any potential indirect implication.

If her husband did own the car they can come after him for damages.

rietrot

Honorary Master

The 5 fastest speeds in MotoGP history

300 is easy for most 20 year old 1000cc bikes. You underestimate how much power that is pulling basically no weight at all.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
There are many cars at Saldana drag stip that does 250+ on an 800m strip.
Top speed at the last even was 348km/h but that was in a Skyline most likely tuned for the 800m.

The stretch these guys use on the N1 is closer to 3km so 300+ should definitely be possible if the car is capable.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
And this is the point everyone arguing bike speeds and talking utter bollocks should take away from this.

The H2R that purposely designed to do this and cost millions to engineer only barely hit 400km/h.

To say other bikes can “easily go over 400km/h” is just nonsense.

To reach even 320km/h takes some serious doing.

To reach even 320km/h takes some serious doing.
Not to mention the size of the balls required.

I did 299 and it's no farking joke. You feel mentally exhausted and drained. The concentration it requires to do that speed safely and keeping other cars in mind is insane. Doing 299 is like going past a stationary car at 179km/h if they are doing 120. It's no joke.