Watch: Man critical after BMW smashes into lane divider in Cape Town

thestaggy

Honorary Master
After all is said and done I'm seriously surprised he is still alive after that tumble. He can thank his foresight in installing roll bars and a roll cage. When race car drivers have a bust up it's more often than not their legs that get smashed up. How many F1 drivers have been pulled out of their cars with broken legs. Schumacher and Damon Hill are two I can think of.
Also the fact that he didn't come to a complete halt on impact. The accident happened over a wide area so energy was dissipated.

Had he hit a pillar or light pole it would've been a lot worse.

Hellhound105

Living in Century City I hear the way these cars and bikes race each and every week - sometimes I wonder how the engines hold out, screaming with all the effort..... if you dig a bit deeper you’ll find that Daddy (https://m.facebook.com/achmat7860/albums/281616881943771/) and Mommy (https://m.facebook.com/moesna.carr/albums/1448654568770671/) love their cars.....

This family is loaded (I’ve heard from a few sources) and the car thing is something they ALL pride themselves on......

The dude lost his legs but he’s not confirmed as vegetative (still in a coma with severe swelling) and to “honour” his dedication to the races there is a race planned for this coming Sunday (early Monday)..... where is the logic in that?

Pacific Seafood (Daddy’s business) keeps all the adult kids in jobs (and there are a few) and Wifey Ameerah (https://m.facebook.com/ameerah.deerling.5?pn_ref=ec_friends_card) doesn’t work so at least the guy is sorted with money and a caregiver....;)

The reality is Medical Aid will pay.... its a PMB after all.... and reality is “innocent until proven guilty” applies so any insurance could potentially payout disability benefits....:mad:

Sunday night (early hours of Monday morning) I can assure you I will hear the racing..... people don’t learn and people don’t care - it’s all about ego.....:thumbsdown:

Had to add that this Dude really is an idiot for continuing to post his requests for duah’s and attacking those that judge!!

View attachment 609884
My imaginary friend also told me others can`t judge me. I just wonder if I will also be seen as "there(daar)" brother if I start racing

daveza

Honorary Master
Tried to understand the mentality of those who think using a public highway in a city for 200km/h races is in any way acceptable but realised stupid scum don't have any mentality.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
so, is it official both legs gone? i see mixed views on the internet. It appears it is true, but I cannot see for sure
His mom has confirmed the double amputation.

A Cape Town businessman who crashed his car while speeding down the N1 highway lost both his legs, his mom said.

Taufiq Carr's mother, Moesna Carr, said her son remained sedated and was "not really conscious".
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...tated-after-horror-n1-crash-says-mom-20190123

Knyro

Honorary Master
As much as I don't have sympathy for the guy he's in for a hell of a shock when/if he wakes up. Imagine you're racing then next thing you know you're waking up in hospital with both of your legs gone. :eek:

animehero

Expert Member
As much as I don't have sympathy for the guy he's in for a hell of a shock when/if he wakes up. Imagine you're racing then next thing you know you wake up in hospital with both of your legs gone. :eek:
Speaking from first hand experience after a bike accident, in the last few split seconds while falling before hitting the actual ground, time went really slowly,and I processed the fact that I messed up.I think my mind was like "ah crap,you messed up"

What i'm getting at here is that if it was anything like that,perhaps he knew he messed up and if/when he wakes up it will come as no surprise at all

Cr419

Executive Member
Regarding his mom's interview, saying she did not know he left the house.....

Um living with your parents while you own a M3.....sigh I will never understand
Sounds more like a mommy's boy still hanging onto her panty to support him. And she knew, unless she is a moron, which looking at her son sounds plausible.
Living in Century City I hear the way these cars and bikes race each and every week - sometimes I wonder how the engines hold out, screaming with all the effort..... if you dig a bit deeper you’ll find that Daddy (https://m.facebook.com/achmat7860/albums/281616881943771/) and Mommy (https://m.facebook.com/moesna.carr/albums/1448654568770671/) love their cars.....

This family is loaded (I’ve heard from a few sources) and the car thing is something they ALL pride themselves on......

The dude lost his legs but he’s not confirmed as vegetative (still in a coma with severe swelling) and to “honour” his dedication to the races there is a race planned for this coming Sunday (early Monday)..... where is the logic in that?

Pacific Seafood (Daddy’s business) keeps all the adult kids in jobs (and there are a few) and Wifey Ameerah (https://m.facebook.com/ameerah.deerling.5?pn_ref=ec_friends_card) doesn’t work so at least the guy is sorted with money and a caregiver....;)

The reality is Medical Aid will pay.... its a PMB after all.... and reality is “innocent until proven guilty” applies so any insurance could potentially payout disability benefits....:mad:

Sunday night (early hours of Monday morning) I can assure you I will hear the racing..... people don’t learn and people don’t care - it’s all about ego.....:thumbsdown:

Had to add that this Dude really is an idiot for continuing to post his requests for duah’s and attacking those that judge!!

View attachment 609884
That Brenner retard is definitely a bmwfanatics member, lots of morons over there are defending this guy.

Chuckmyster

Expert Member
The brotherhood are all sticking together and are being careful what they say on social media. Well some are, not all of them. Some things said on a social account should NOT be said at all. Ai Tog

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Hayabusa taps out at 312 km/h.
Bone stock yes, perhaps I should clarify "without mods" to rather read "without significant mods".

I don't know any superbike riders that don't have a freeflow exhaust and ECU remapping job done, that takes the Busa to 325km/h apparently, might need a different sprocket/final drive though, not sure. If you bore out the cylinders or even add a turbo like some have done all bets are off, 330kph is nothing.

Then of course you have the rumoured 1440cc busa coming and you have the world record holding Kawasaki H2R that's gone to 400kph ...

Drifter

Honorary Master
After all is said and done I'm seriously surprised he is still alive after that tumble. He can thank his foresight in installing roll bars and a roll cage. When race car drivers have a bust up it's more often than not their legs that get smashed up. How many F1 drivers have been pulled out of their cars with broken legs. Schumacher and Damon Hill are two I can think of.

Funny how they are all treating this guy as a fallen comrade and running to his defense. They would not be doing so if innocent people had gotten killed.

1st I hear of this.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Money is not the issue ..issue is someone is going to make use of medical aid and other benefits

He put his own life at risk and based on that insurance and medical aid shouldnt pay out ...Same like committing suicide
Very good chance that no benefits will be paid. This will easily fall under self inflicted injuries.