Watch: Man critical after BMW smashes into lane divider in Cape Town

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I'm hoping that's a typo, else jesus!
That's what they're claiming,

Video: High Speed – Running Kawasaki’s Ninja H2 to 226.9 mph

After taking Kawasaki’s ground-breaking supercharged Ninja H2R last year and running it against some modified supercars (“Showdown,” August/September 2015), I have to admit we’d kind of forgotten about the street-legal Ninja H2brother to the racetrack-only H2R. That is, until I noticed that venerated speed merchant Brock Davidson of Brock’s Performance was doing a lot of R&D work on parts for the Ninja H2. Needless to say, the vast majority of Ninja H2 owners have been going to Brock’s Performance looking to unleash the power and speed potential of their “blown” bikes.
Video doesn't work for me.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
So at this point I’ll have to say prove it unfortunately. With a proper GPS data logger before I consider even 330km/h as “nothing” outside of the heavily modded turbo crowd.
Per the rider himself, mods are:
"only ecu reflashed, mirrors removed, rear sprocket 40"

GPS showing 330-333km/h on screen a few times, log said 333.6km/h was the top speed:

Here's another one doing the bone stock 325km/h with ECU flash only thing:

EMAM

Executive Member
A modified BMW s100RR can easily reach speeds of 350km/h

And seems most reach 322km/h without much mods... google is your friend.

And you can push it further:

The same team hit 242 mph on its modified BMW S1000RR making it the fastest recorded speed ever for a BMW motorcycle. The bike was piloted by Erin Sills who broke her late husband Andy Sill's record of 221 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats back in 2013
Anyone here want to buy a S1000RR?

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I stopped keeping up to date on bike developments when I sold mine, just saw some rumour mill articles from early 2018 speculating about a 1440cc busa.

Not my style anyway, if money was no object I'd buy a GSXR750 over anything else, no need to enhance my manhood with extra cc's :)
My K4 GSX-R750 is still the best bike I ever owned (not the fastest, mind) and the biggest mistake I've made in a very long time was its sale.
Turbos, hp and changes to the ECU doesn't change the top end speed it only makes the bike get to that speed faster.

I'm sure most bikes have enough power it just depends on gear ratios and sprocket size.
Technically changing the ecu can change the top speed- by moving rpm limiters and/or removing vmax limiters.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
My K4 GSX-R750 is still the best bike I ever owned (not the fastest, mind) and the biggest mistake I've made in a very long time was its sale.
HA! The best bike I've ever ridden is a K5 GSX-R750, which is essentially the same bike as the K4 :)
Like you say, not the fastest, but I swear I go faster on it than for example the CBR1000 I rode on the same day, the 750 just inspires confidence and invites you to push it to the limit, the 1000cc bikes always felt more like they're in control, not you, hence I reckon I generally go faster on the 750.

I'd look to buy something from K6 onwards though, big changes were introduced there, that is IF I ever get to own a GSX-R750.

rietrot

Honorary Master

Technically changing the ecu can change the top speed- by moving rpm limiters and/or removing vmax limiters.
Yes, just removing the limiter will increase top end.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Prove it.

With actual GPS logger data. Not pretty pictures and videos.

Salt Flats and dedicated race teams are a completely different story with very different funding.

We are talking about every one on every corner with his hand full of mods here.
You seem to know nothing about bikes, racing, modifying cars/bikes etc so no need to prove anything to you. The proof is out there, so you go find it lazy man :)

Hellhound105

Damn, guess its different strokes.Sorry to hear man.
Maybe its because I didn't lose consciousness that I can recall what happened clearly
Nah, I`m actaully glad, sort of, this happened. It teaches one to think for others as well. You might not be the problem on the road and another user might do something unexpected.

I guess you have to go through something to get out the other side to learn a lesson.

Better it was only me than losing a friend/family member