Watch: Man critical after BMW smashes into lane divider in Cape Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
The video shows the m4 behind while the accident shows the m4 in the lead ...

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
He should loose his drivers licence and be banned for life from ever getting a licence.
That'll scare some of the Soldiers Of Street Racing a bit :thumbsup: Then again maybe not, they're already breaking the law so Ja, throw him in a cell with Oscar for a bit. They will get along nicely.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The video shows the m4 behind while the accident shows the m4 in the lead ...
Few things don't entirely add up between those two videos if you ask me....

The M4, the Bike, the level of traffic.... even the car that was overtaken actually....

I could obviously be wrong, but I would tend towards those being 2 different incidents somehow.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Because the m4 only overtakes in end. Guy probably thought race was over, tapped of, m4 kept going. He noticed being overtaken put power down again. If the Tyre didn't pop it was the traction that spun him, putting the power down at speed as soon as he noticed being overtaken.
Looked at the vid again and the m3 loses power and thats when m4 takes over ...happened in a split second

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
After 12 seconds he was pass 200 ..at 43 seconds or something he must have been around 250-280

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Few things don't entirely add up between those two videos if you ask me....

The M4, the Bike, the level of traffic.... even the car that was overtaken actually....

I could obviously be wrong, but I would tend towards those being 2 different incidents somehow.
The bike passes them 9 seconds into the video and m4 closer to the end as mentioned below.
Quite scary!
Because the m4 only overtakes in end. Guy probably thought race was over, tapped of, m4 kept going. He noticed being overtaken put power down again. If the Tyre didn't pop it was the traction that spun him, putting the power down at speed as soon as he noticed being overtaken.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Didn't the driver side hit the barrier first and then the car flipped/ rolled over?
Also having looked at the new video, he appears to be doing about 220 km/h when he hits that barrier.
It was drivers side first. He swerved from left to right and hit right.
Did you watch another video than the rest of us?
I looked again. From what I see he hit the barrier on the front left of the car first. Driver side. The car then rotated sideways, going through/over the barrier passenger side first. Unless I'm looking like crap at the grainy footage that there is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.