Watch: Man critical after BMW smashes into lane divider in Cape Town

Shi

Expert Member
Tracks closing down. MSA being money greedy. Limited track licence preventing new venues from opening.
There is to much politics and cash involved. Street racing can very easily be stopped. But it wont.
What are you basing this on? From this article https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/mot...n-public-and-street-racing-community-19061305 ...

The event has its challenges besides trying to get illegal street racers off the road, in that Killarney International Raceway is losing money in hosting the event, which Smith states shouldn’t be the case.

The City contributed R450 000 to hosting the event at Killarney, but Smith reveals that was as long as two years ago.

"Since then Killarney has been carrying it, so I think it's time for us to renew that agreement and make a substantial annual commitment."

qscwbt

Expert Member

daveza

Honorary Master
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...r-crash-talks-i-still-get-flashbacks-20190214

Even though people had a lot of negative things to say about the accident, Taufiq says he never paid attention to any of it.

"I understood their opinions, read all that stuff, but I didn’t take in any of the negativity. I just stayed positive. They didn’t really know what happened – I know what happened."

Would he ever get behind the wheel to race again?

"Yes," he answers without hesitation.

"I'll drive again. I want to drive again. And when I race it won’t be illegal racing again. It’ll be legally, on a race track."

He adds that he’s watched both videos and it doesn’t bother him.

"It’s just like, 'Wow, I’ve been through that'," he says.

"I’ve always been a positive person. What happened to me was meant to be, it was put out that way."

Western Cape police confirmed that a case of reckless and negligent driving had been opened, and a probe was underway.

Seems there is quite a lot of brain damage.

Not a word of concern for what could have happened to other motorists. :mad: