WATCH: McLaren super car involved in a crash on the N1

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Drove past this yesterday on the way back from Southern Suburbs....huge traffic back logs with all the rubbernecking. Very wet road will cause that with these cars...

Nein.

The car isn’t the problem.

With traction control and without an idiot behind the wheel it would never happen.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Don't you get training on how to handle it before driving such an expensive car?

You are offered training with just about any sportier car.

Most are too cool to ever take it up, because they are excellent drivers right out of the box don’t you know.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Why are the tyres mangled both front and rear?

Is this maybe a case of lack of maintenance because someone couldn’t afford to put on new rubber and hence running around on near slicks?

The stock tires are already terrible for normal roads, especially in the cold and then wet without proper warm up.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I been driving my car since 2013.

But how many people have crashed around you?

That’s what he was saying.

Too much caution isn’t always good. Especially not for everyone else as it’s deeply unpredictable.

• Haha
Reactions: rh1

ubercal

Expert Member
Why are the tyres mangled both front and rear?

Is this maybe a case of lack of maintenance because someone couldn’t afford to put on new rubber and hence running around on near slicks?

The stock tires are already terrible for normal roads, especially in the cold and then wet without proper warm up.

yeah was thinking the same thing.Do supercars run semi slicks on the road , surely not ?

rh1

Expert Member
But how many people have crashed around you?

That’s what he was saying.

Too much caution isn’t always good. Especially not for everyone else as it’s deeply unpredictable.
I talk about go karts, and suddenly I am driving miss daisy, as you were.

B-1

Expert Member
You are offered training with just about any sportier car.

Most are too cool to ever take it up, because they are excellent drivers right out of the box don’t you know.

Those wide tires do aquaplane better than a jetski though. Not fun to drive cars like that in heavy rain and traffic.

Peon

Expert Member
Eish, I actually feel sorry for her. Standing there in the Rain and in a panic and everyone laughing/mocking your sports car just got totalled.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Those wide tires do aquaplane better than a jetski though. Not fun to drive cars like that in heavy rain and traffic.

Nonsense. The width has nothing to do with it.

The type of compound is far more important and likely likely leaning way too hard to the sporty/track side and therefore has major warm up issues in normal driving conditions.

Otherwise trucks would be aquaplaning all over the place all the time.

B-1

Expert Member
Nonsense. The width has nothing to do with it.

The type of compound is far more important and likely likely leaning way too hard to the sporty/track side and therefore has major warm up issues in normal driving conditions.

Otherwise trucks would be aquaplaning all over the place all the time.

OK then :rolleyes:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I don't see any other damaged vehicles. Looks like she just hit the wall?

Yeah definitely a self-imposed failure in the rain.

My bet is the tires were well beyond their limits. Also means insurance won’t maybe hence the hands in air.