Watch out for this vishing phone call – FNB

Craig_

Honorary Master
I don't want to be rude, but if you fall for that you have to be especially stupid. I can't think if one single person that would be that stupid.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I don't want to be rude, but if you fall for that you have to be especially stupid. I can't think if one single person that would be that stupid.

Yeah, would be people with no idea how credit cards work, sometimes you'd just need to send them a completed form, mostly you don't even have to do that, they just stop the transactions and they sure don't need an OTP to do that.

CeeBee

Expert Member

don't laugh... as IT guy, I've seen a few employees in the past fall for very similar things on phone and computer.
but as you say, if you fall for that, then you deserve what you get, and not expect any sympathies
quite hilarious what some people fall for.... the truth can be stranger than fiction

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
don't laugh... as IT guy, I've seen a few employees in the past fall for very similar things on phone and computer.
but as you say, if you fall for that, then you deserve what you get, and not expect any sympathies
quite hilarious what some people fall for.... the truth can be stranger than fiction

I disagree.

OneKnight

Soft targets like elderly people tend to believe this story, unfortunately.

Shudder to think what the scams will be like when we fall into the above category.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
When did this become a thing? Which internet celeb blogged it and why weren't they stopped?

*social engineering
I mean really now, we have Bloggers and now have vloggers.. I see quite a lot of Joggers as well. :D