Watch South African CEOs sleep on the streets of Johannesburg in cardboard boxes

Randux

Expert Member
They look quite warm and comfortable plus they have cool looking designer boxes. Do these type of stunts actually work? Who are they targeting with this stunt?

Necropolis

Executive Member
They look quite warm and comfortable plus they have cool looking designer boxes. Do these type of stunts actually work? Who are they targeting with this stunt?
They are raising money - and they did a pretty good job of that.

Acid0

Expert Member
and over R30m raised is not a bad thing :)
Read above, they actually raised 30 million for the poor in one night.
This might be a stunt but I guess its better than a royal gala that actually cost them 15mil to host to make the same amount.
In this instance the big wigs can actually feel what some of our people go through every night.
Yes I agree they have some luxuries but it was cold outside last night non the less.

Just looking at the replies on the story on the main page, why so much criticism for charity I don't understand.

Freaking hell if you can raise 30 million to let people sleep outside why not rather support the charity and move on.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Read above, they actually raised 30 million for the poor in one night.
This might be a stunt but I guess its better than a royal gala that actually cost them 15mil to host to make the same amount.
In this instance the big wigs can actually feel what some of our people go through every night.
Yes I agree they have some luxuries but it was cold outside last night non the less.

Just looking at the replies on the story on the main page, why so much criticism for charity I don't understand.

Freaking hell if you can raise 30 million to let people sleep outside why not rather support the charity and move on.
There was the same bitching and moaning when this happened last year.

Raising 30bar in one night is no easy task.

freddster

Expert Member
Fancy box or not it would still have been piss cold.
Oh please, you can see on the MYBB home page the jacket in the photo is probably rated for below zero. If that is a realistic representation of how the CEOs were dressed. Huge difference between live outside and sleep outside. The poor who sleeps on the street have thin clothing, maybe a cardboardbox and if very lucky a blanket.

freddster

Expert Member
There was the same bitching and moaning when this happened last year.

Raising 30bar in one night is no easy task.
If you look at the salaries some of this lot take home every month/year, its smallchange to them. How many were there BTW? I haven't seen numbers.

Necropolis

Executive Member
If you look at the salaries some of this lot take home every month/year, its smallchange to them. How many were there BTW? I haven't seen numbers.
What do the salaries of the people that participated have to do with anything?

Acid0

Expert Member
Exactly at least they did something and not sit here and bitch an moan that some one actually came out of their luxury houses and participated to actually do something.

This is a new low for us as SA citizens to moan about a charity event.
These CEO's owes the poor nothing but yet they went out and did something while you were in your house doing nothing.

Why cant you just give a thumbs up for these people that actually raised 30 million for the poor that can actually have new blankets and more clothes and food to eat......

Necropolis

Executive Member
Exactly at least they did something and not sit here and bitch an moan that some one actually came out of their luxury houses and participated to actually do something.

These CEO's owes the poor nothing but yet they went out and did something while you were in your house doing nothing.

Why cant you just give a thumbs up for these people that actually raised 30 million for the poor that can actually have new blankets and more clothes and food to eat......
Like I said - there was the same negativity from people online when this happened last year.

Some people just can't seem to be content with life without bitching and moaning about something.

It also wasn't just CEOs - I know of at least 1 CEO that had a matric student that was interning at his company that came along and do the sleep out with him.

freddster

Expert Member
Can't really comment then can you.
can't really give when I'm unemployed because of this shythole of a country's labour policies. And when I am, I won't either because of countries policies.

In a country with sound economic principles and policies you wouldn't need all the charities. I didn't say they shouldn't do it. I just pointed out that R30million wouldn't be much for them, whichever way they raise it.

Acid0

Expert Member
can't really give when I'm unemployed because of this shythole of a country's labour policies. And when I am, I won't either because of countries policies.

In a country with sound economic principles and policies you wouldn't need all the charities. I didn't say they shouldn't do it. I just pointed out that R30million wouldn't be much for them, whichever way they raise it.
Ok so let me get this straight what you are saying is they are not better off or worse off without this 30 mil that was raised last night, so they can actually do without it.

The problem is the tax payers are looking after the poor and charities like this helps yet the government that is suppose to do this blames everyone while they buying jets and mansions for them selves.

So yes most of us are in a shyte situation but what I see is there is still at least a few people that do try and we can argue that it is tax deductible all this charities and they are not helping actually but they did come out and participated to bring awareness to the homeless so next time you and I see a homeless person we might think twice to ignore them and maybe give them food.