WATCH: Teacher disciplined after beating pupil at Lenasia school

schumi

Honorary Master
A Lenasia South Secondary School teacher has been filmed slapping a child who allegedly disrupted class.

Following an enquiry from TimesLIVE‚ the department has confirmed the teacher will now face a disciplinary process.

“We condemn any form of assault of learners in schools as corporal punishment is outlawed by the constitution of the country‚” said Gauteng education department spokesman Steve Mabona.

“The department can confirm that it will be conducting a disciplinary hearing against the educator. The date still needs to be confirmed‚” he said upon further inquiry.

A video of the incident has been shared on Facebook and shows the teacher hitting the pupil before forcibly ejecting him from the classroom.

The incident is said to have happened on Monday at the Johannesburg school.

In the footage‚ the teacher can be heard shouting at the pupil‚ demanding that he hand over his cell phone.

The boy responds: “Ma’am‚ I don’t have a cell phone.”

The unidentified pupil is then manhandled by the teacher while the rest of the class watches.
[video=youtube;eTMq-iew7n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMq-iew7n8[/video]

More at: http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...plined-after-beating-pupil-at-Lenasia-school1

ponder

Honorary Master
I would hate to be a teacher, there is no discipline at home and you have to deal with it every day. I think I would kill these little fsckers.

Last edited:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I would hate to be a teacher, there is discipline at home and you have to deal with it every day. I think I would kill these little fsckers.
That's the problem, these kids know that they can get away with anything. Back in the day, corporal punishment were dished out left right and center. You basically knew, overstep the line, and you going to get it real good. You made sure next time you behave.

I do feel sorry for these teachers, many of whom are out there trying to get these kids to be the best they can be, but have to go through these obstacles.

Peon

Expert Member
That's the problem, these kids know that they can get away with anything. Back in the day, corporal punishment were dished out left right and center. You basically knew, overstep the line, and you going to get it real good. You made sure next time you behave.

I do feel sorry for these teachers, many of whom are out there trying to get these kids to be the best they can be, but have to go through these obstacles.
Agreed. I knew what was good for me. I normally got a hiding at home as well. Had to take home a letter that I was caned at school. My Dad was chilled, my mom however.......

beans100

Executive Member
We need more teachers like this. Well done. Now, just to get the ****er that recorded this video and open up a can of whip-@ss on him/her, too.

D3nz

Honorary Master
While I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with schoolkids, teachers have to learn control. We had an incident last week with the teacher being filmed giving one of the students a few head smacks in an irate manner and then calmly asking one of the other children to continue reading the lesson.

semaphore

Honorary Master
While I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with schoolkids, teachers have to learn control. We had an incident last week with the teacher being filmed giving one of the students a few head smacks in an irate manner and then calmly asking one of the other children to continue reading the lesson.
Hopefully they caught that moronic teacher and get her/him removed. I have no issue with discipline, but hitting a child on the head is not it.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Why did she hit the kid instead of just confiscating it.

Alternatively throw the boy out.

There's always someone filming your actions even if you think you're doing the right thing. Motivation killer.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Corporal punishment didn't work for me back in the days. Actually we kept a log book to see who got the most spankings in a week.

I never did my homework... I think my ass is still blue and black :D

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
A teacher once slapped me. During the first term break, he got mugged. Guess karma is a bitch. He came back to teach in the 3rd term with physical signs of assault on his face still showing.

falcon786

Executive Member
We need more teachers like this. Well done. Now, just to get the ****er that recorded this video and open up a can of whip-@ss on him/her, too.
No,just no.Stupid teachers like this are the reason why corporal punishment was ruled out in the first place,you cannot hit a child on the head,whoever took the video should be given a medal and the teacher deserves to be whipped.

We had corporal punishment at our school and I'm not against it because not one of my teachers ever hit myself/anybody in the head or in a manner that would constitute abuse.Unfortunately some teachers like this one can't keep their schit together and now even mild corporal punishment for discipline is under a blanket ban.

Hopefully they caught that moronic teacher and get her/him removed. I have no issue with discipline, but hitting a child on the head is not it.
+1.If that teacher had to hit my kid on the head she would know how it feels very soon after that.:erm:

Want to discipline a child spank them with a ruler on the buttocks or something appropriate like that,then give me a call and I'll discipline my kid too and back you up.Hitting a kid on the head is just plain stupid though.

upup

Executive Member
a Primary teacher told me how she is struggling with dumb to very dumb children in her class. They are still cute, but when they grow older.

I am for corporal punishment. It worked for me.

DarthCat

Expert Member
a Primary teacher told me how she is struggling with dumb to very dumb children in her class. They are still cute, but when they grow older.

I am for corporal punishment. It worked for me.
corporal punishment can't make someone smart

D3nz

Honorary Master
She made the front page of the local paper and disciplinary procedure is in progress. I've been wondering though, do teachers not have guidelines to follow when it comes to dealing with unruly children?

zizo911

Executive Member
She made the front page of the local paper and disciplinary procedure is in progress. I've been wondering though, do teachers not have guidelines to follow when it comes to dealing with unruly children?
Yes. Don't use corporal punishment, or raise your voice at a chold. That is what the department tells us. Speak to them and convince them that they need to change.

Knyro

Honorary Master
I would hate to be a teacher, there is no discipline at home and you have to deal with it every day. I think I would kill these little fsckers.
+1

A lot of kids are little schits, and deserve a regular dose of PK. Seeing the teachers struggle day after day with some of my classmates cured me of any and all desire to be a school teacher.

Grown men and women have to put up with disrespect from snot-nosed fscktards and can't really do anything about it.

Shaun108

Executive Member
We had a teacher in primary school that would punch the guys in the chest, you think that's acceptable as well ? And I'm not talking gentle taps.
Perfectly acceptable. When I was in Primary school in the 70's this was called 'Discipline'. Don't be a wuss and mollycoddle your kids or they will end up deliquents or worse. Spare the rod, spoil the child.