WATCH: Violent mugging outside Johannesburg High Court caught on CCTV

epah

Expert Member
Not sure what is more shocking. The mugging or the fact that people are just walking past as if nothing is happening or happened. Does not look like anyone is stressed or scared. No one reaches for a phone to call 10111.... :wtf:
You will never understand until you have lived in CBD.

epah

Expert Member
Why is a white in that area?
I don't see any other white people there.
I always get so nervous whenever I see white people around that area. I sometimes see white girls chilling outside Carlton Centre with their phones out waiting for an uber. Gosh all of this makes me nervous for them man. Joburg CBD is rough and chances of you being mugged as a white person are much higher than other races.

Solarion

Honorary Master
I always get so nervous whenever I see white people around that area. I sometimes see white girls chilling outside Carlton Centre with their phones out waiting for an uber. Gosh all of this makes me nervous for them man. Joburg CBD is rough and chances of you being mugged as a white person are much higher than other races.
I don't know if white people should be flattered or insulted by that. I'm leaning towards flattered but then being shot and stabbed to death is a lousy way to pay someone a compliment.

epah

Expert Member
I don't know if white people should be flattered or insulted by that. I'm leaning towards flattered but then being shot and stabbed to death is a lousy way to pay someone a compliment.
I don’t know how white people should feel about his whole thing but rather stay out of these areas. Yes I know it shouldn’t be like this but your life does come first.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
You will never understand until you have lived in CBD.
+1, or worked there (at ABSA for a couple of months) I used to wear my headphones in the commencing week, that's a big no as that implies you have a cellphone and reason for them to take it from you, + phoning 10111 is futile, because they're long gone.

Last edited:

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I don’t know how white people should feel about his whole thing but rather stay out of these areas. Yes I know it shouldn’t be like this but your life does come first.
And if you summonsed........
The fact is crime has become acceptable and that is the problem.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Everyone gets mugged in this area. Anyone who's deemed easy target. Thugs don't care about colour of their victim. They care about what they can get and sell quickly.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Everyone gets mugged in this area. Anyone who's deemed easy target. Thugs don't care about colour of their victim. They care about what they can get and sell quickly.
Sort of. Only that I think the perception is white people are rich, have more nice things etc... and so are targeted with more confidence of a win. That is assuming it is just plain theft as the motive and not hate crime, but I don't see evidence of hate crime in the vid.

My phone is a cheap Xiaomi, they can take it lol.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Sort of. Only that I think the perception iqs white people are rich, have more nice things etc... and so are targeted with more confidence of a win. That is assuming it is just plain theft as the motive and not hate crime, but I don't see evidence of hate crime in the vid.
Do you think that place was a peaceful paradise before that white man arrived? Speak to people who frequent it.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
K. I know when I'm speaking to someone with an agenda :) Bye.
Asking you to speak to people who frequent the place shows I have an agenda? :D
Many people who frequent the area know how dangerous that place is.

Have a lovely day too

thechamp

Honorary Master
Hopefully this signals a start of better policing and crime preventionnin the CBD, since there seem to be some action from the authorities at last. I would like to see the EFF and the the DA giving this sort of thing some serious consideration as we know SAPS are useless, the JMPD should be owning that space and maybe SAPS will be ashamed enough and join later.