WATCH: Violent mugging outside Johannesburg High Court caught on CCTV

Craig

Honorary Master
That doesn't solve the problems. What about kids, non-ANC voters, tourists, etc in those municipalities?

Jails were supposed to be as unbearable as possible. Anyone who kills/rapes/floods the streets with illicit drugs/severely injures/threatens life of another human being should forfeit the right to be treated as a human being. But that just me. I'm no politician.
Agreed on that, this country is way to soft on criminals, and that's probably one of the biggest reasons for the way we have to live.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
You get what you vote for.
I had a similar experience to the victim in Springs in around 2000/2001
Only it was 6 guys, I managed to break one of their noses and anyway, was rather traumatic.

Not everything is about race, or politics.
Although politics should play a part in eradicating crime...

thechamp

Honorary Master
It's true, and 22 years of ANC mess up can't be fixed in 2 years by someone else, or else the however many number of apartheid years mess up would have been fixed in 24 years.
There is a hidden Bazinga in that comment.

epah

Expert Member
Everyone gets mugged in this area. Anyone who's deemed easy target. Thugs don't care about colour of their victim. They care about what they can get and sell quickly.
Ofcourse anyone can get mugged. But being white or Asian in that area increases those chances.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Ofcourse anyone can get mugged. But being white or Asian in that area increases those chances.
Looking like a semi successful person that might be carrying something valueble increases those chances.

epah

Expert Member
Looking like a semi successful person that might be carrying something valueble increases those chances.
And guess what. Whites and Asians are seen as semi successful so we do agree

Pitbull

Verboten
Had a laugh on Tuesday.

Standing in grid lock traffic, I notice a guy coming running from the back on the passage side, crosses behind my car coming to my driver side.

Vehicle is locked and window only about 5cm open. He thinks I didn't notice him and pulls on the door handle. I look him straight in the face and laugh. He looked all confused still trying to open the door. I tell him " you stupid "cnut", he says: "fark you!" I reach down and pull out the 9mm and point it at him. He drops down like a sack of potatoes crawls a few feet, gets up and run :crylaugh:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Had a laugh on Tuesday.

Standing in grid lock traffic, I notice a guy coming running from the back on the passage side, crosses behind my car coming to my driver side.

Vehicle is locked and window only about 5cm open. He thinks I didn't notice him and pulls on the door handle. I look him straight in the face and laugh. He looked all confused still trying to open the door. I tell him " you stupid "cnut", he says: "fark you!" I reach down and pull out the 9mm and point it at him. He drops down like a sack of potatoes crawls a few feet, gets up and run :crylaugh:
Thanks for that.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
That does not look violent but video is a bit crap so maybe it was.

I've seen two muggings in my life, both times the perps were caught and beaten into a pulp

ForceFate

Honorary Master
White people seldom visit the area. How do these thugs make money while they're waiting for white targets?

thechamp

Honorary Master
White people seldom visit the area. How do these thugs make money while they're waiting for white targets?
They drop all their potential targets when a white person approaches, like a taxi driver seeing 5 people ahead while preparing to stop for you.

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Had a laugh on Tuesday.

:crylaugh:

epah

Expert Member
Did I say they only target white people? I said a white person is more likely to get mugged in CBD than any other race due to perception.

Or we could also test this out. Let’s meet by the Noord taxi rank on Saturday and let’s see who gets the most attention from thugs(that’s only if you are white ofcourse)

The one who gets less attention will ofcourse win the challenge