WATCH: Woman screams as JMPD officers restrain her for blood alcohol test - but City of Joburg insists its 'legal'

stroller

Expert Member
To add an observation.
There is a significant difference between "driving drunk" and having an alcohol blood level exceeding the legal limit.
I've very little sympathy for drivers who are totally inebriated. For those who who have had a few drinks and in full control of their senses and are over the legal limit are the guys I feel very sorry for.

daveza

Honorary Master
I am relieved to hear that those who have young daughters would be applauding the police for the way they treated them if they also ended up in similar circumstances. :unsure:

Somebody forces my daughter down on a filthy desk in some tin sh1thole, I would be ready to go Liam Neeson all over them.

If the tables were turned. All the cops were white and the lady black.
You would think differently.
Race was the very last thing I think about here. Not even once was it about race, however reading your post. If it was a black woman and white Metro cops. That police station would have been burned, protests for days, Cops on suspension and what not.

Unfortunately that is very true...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If the tables were turned. All the cops were white and the lady black.
You would think differently.
Where exactly have I accused white cops of racism? I've dealt with white cops before without issues, except for one or 2 I encountered somewhere. Again, I've dealt with totally atrocious black cops as well.

If she was driving while dunk, then she must face the music

MEIOT

Expert Member
I am relieved to hear that those who have young daughters would be applauding the police for the way they treated them if they also ended up in similar circumstances. :unsure:

Somebody forces my daughter down on a filthy desk in some tin sh1thole, I would be ready to go Liam Neeson all over them.
Would hope you'd be willing to expend as much on educating them about not drinking and driving and the possible pitfalls to driving intoxicated like killing other innocent people. Also, being accountable for one's actions and having a healthy dose of respect for the law. Things that the screaming banshee clearly has no concept of.

Sollie

Expert Member
The statement you two idiots are making is not any where in in the CPA, it only states who should do it Medical professionals etc) and it is very clearly stipulated not once does it state where it must be done.
It can be done on the side of the road or a police station

BTW this isn't my opinion its confirmed by the justice project - feel free to call old Howard

From the police's statements she did take a breathalyzer and it was positive for alcohol - hence they needed to take the blood sample.
Nobody is denying the need to have taken a blood sample. The CPA is also not a law unto itself. It forms parts of a set of acts trying to balance both justice and general rights. That's why old Howard, as you call him, also made a tweet ...

I'm pretty sure you can search it and prove your point
I could, just can't be bothered. I'm 100% sure you posted in that thread and was very vocal in a few times. Can't be arsed really. Just shows your hypocritical at times for me personally.

WorldWarII

didnt read anything before this , but isnt that resisting arrest to a certain degree? worse charge than drinking and driving

Trilkop

There was no racism here at any point in time. The same game is played but race roles now reversed. The only thing still of contention is whether the police acted right or wrong in the manner she was constrained. I still say the police was right and they did so within the limits of the law.

WorldWarII

There was no racism here at any point in time. The same game is played but race roles now reversed. The only thing still of contention is whether the police acted right or wrong in the manner she was constrained. I still say the police was right and they did so within the limits of the law.
havent been in gov. service for a long time but Im actually sure that in a case where this much non-cooperation is exhibited there are a whole flurry of charges that you can lay that will negate the drinking anyway. Obstruction of Justice is a hectic example. why not just charge her with that and throw her in the holding cells.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Sadly this is what will probably happen and everyone will just forget the fact that she was driving while intoxicated.

oh sorry allegedly intoxicated.
The legal limit is not near the level of intoxicated. It is at the level where they can make easy money and assault people.

I'm not advocating driving when you are too drunk to do so. But honestly the current legal limit is nothing but a money making limit. Same goes for speed.

Biggest killer out there is not wearing seat-belts and even the cops down't buckle up so I have no sympathy for the ones involved in this when they get axed from the force for misconduct.