WATCH: Woman screams as JMPD officers restrain her for blood alcohol test - but City of Joburg insists its 'legal'

Swa

Honorary Master
BS that they get away with it. Probably know that charges will never stick after their conduct. She should go ahead and still open a civil case against them.

marine1

Honorary Master
Drawing blood is invasive and needs the subjects approval.

Well, at least in a real country - not a f.....ing **** hole.
No it does not. And if you refuse they will use force to draw it. She was drunk and I gooe after the **** show she caused, goes to jail especially after creating such a mass attack on the cops when she was the one who caused it in the first place

marine1

Honorary Master
I don't have a problem with the blood drawing if it's according to procedure. I also believe a properly trained person could have calmed her down if procedure was followed rather than acting like a barbarian.

Better however would be a proper breathalyser in case the person refuses or allow a signing of the results being accurate. Or if the person disputes the results allow them to contest it with a voluntary blood test.
She didnt want blood drawn because she knew she was drunk and would be arrested

Craig

Honorary Master
Never drink and drive.....and.... behave like a banshee being raped hindering the police from doing their job.
Well, due to that behaviour she might get off. I bet we'll see more of this from drunk people from now on.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
No it does not. And if you refuse they will use force to draw it. She was drunk and I gooe after the **** show she caused, goes to jail especially after creating such a mass attack on the cops when she was the one who caused it in the first place
I hope she gets rewarded a nice sum of money and that they get fired or at least disciplinary action taken against them. It's about time us middle class also get away with breaking the law.

isie

Honorary Master
More than an hour of attempting to get the driver to cooperate and after the explanation by the nursing sister of the procedure of drawing a blood sample, the driver still refused to cooperate.

“The JMPD officer, in complying with relevant laws, … had no other alternative but to use appropriate and minimal force to restrain the driver so the nursing sister could withdraw the blood sample."
Sigh the 2 hour blood alcohol rule AFAIK it was a piece of advice that somehow got written in to the Rules.

Maybe she has a fear of needle but Her refusal to cooperate really paints a picture of guilt and no matter what everyone else's says - she not once made a claim (if you can hear anything in her screams)regarding the cleanliness of the place or the needle etc.

rambo919

Executive Member
Obviously she has a phobia.... difference is if it was a man we would all be squealing with laughter. Everyone ignores this double standard.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I hope she gets rewarded a nice sum of money and that they get fired or at least disciplinary action taken against them. It's about time us middle class also get away with breaking the law.
Hoping is a waste of time, if she feels she was wronged she must sue the Metro police, which she won't for obvious reasons.

isie

Honorary Master
IOL seems to have a bit more on the story

On arrival at the station, she was taken to a suitable facility where a nursing sister was on duty to assist with drawing blood.

The driver became emotional and refused to co-operate. Shortly after, two males arrived at the police station, identifying themselves as the boyfriend of the driver and a friend.

The two friends initially tried to reason with the driver to co-operate but were not successful, they were at that stage asked to leave the room.

“More than an hour of attempting to get the driver to co-operate and after the explanation by the nursing sister of the procedure of drawing a blood sample, the driver still refused to co-operate.
Even her friends (who i assume were the ones who recorded it) could not reason with her - again innocent or not seriously makes her look guilty of something

gamer16

Honorary Master
Do you drink and cycle?

Wonder if that is technically legal.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Afriforum should take this case up since NPA does not want to prosecute.

Last edited:

thehuman

Expert Member
IOL seems to have a bit more on the story

Even her friends (who i assume were the ones who recorded it) could not reason with her - again innocent or not seriously makes her look guilty of something
Interesting , she did not make a case against police.

Craig

Honorary Master
I can't think that you honestly believe that. This is the one law no one should be allowed to break, no matter who the person is. Whether you are a judge, or even the president, it shouldn't matter. If you drive drunk you should be thrown in jail. These people are a menace on the road.

Kryptonite

What they should in my opinion do is charge her with defeating the ends of justice, which should then carry a higher sentence than drunk driving.

So fair enough, if you dont want to have blood drawn, then one should be charged with defeating the ends of justice and circumstantial evidence should be allowed in securing a conviction.

That might motivate people to not drink or when they do and get caught rather have their blood taken....