WATCH: Woman screams as JMPD officers restrain her for blood alcohol test - but City of Joburg insists its 'legal'

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
A drunk person would not be able to put up a show like that.

Come on folks - she is able to put up some resistance there. Ergo vis-a-vis concordantly not drunk.

A drunk driver is the kind that crashed his Jag through your garden wall.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Do you drink and cycle?

Wonder if that is technically legal.
It is not and I have done it - one time I drove into a ditch. Other time was not too long ago when I had a nasty fall 100m from home. Won't be doing that again.

But I am talking about riding drunk here - not over the limit, cause the legal limit is a BS moneymaking scheme.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member

Come on folks - she is able to put up some resistance there. Ergo vis-a-vis concordantly not drunk.

Wut?
I'm going to assume you've never seen a drunk person.

gamer16

Honorary Master
It is not and I have done it - one time I drove into a ditch. Other time was not too long ago when I had a nasty fall 100m from home. Won't be doing that again.

But I am talking about riding drunk here - not over the limit, cause the legal limit is a BS moneymaking scheme.

:ROFL: I can only imagine someone off their face waving all over the road on the way to the bottle store to get a 3rd bottle.
Suppose the riding bit will be easy, its when you have to stop that you'll have a problem.

thechamp

Honorary Master

I am sure Judge Motata is not the most energetic guy out there even when he is not drunk.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Even her friends (who i assume were the ones who recorded it) could not reason with her - again innocent or not seriously makes her look guilty of something

Have you ever seriously seen a ACTUAL phobia (not the fake homo- or xeno-phobia type) in action and had the afflicted person remain calm and rational? This seems like a severe case with her freaking the f-k out.

Cray

Honorary Master
Have you ever seriously seen a ACTUAL phobia (not the fake homo- or xeno-phobia type) in action and had the afflicted person remain calm and rational? This seems like a severe case with her freaking the f-k out.

End of the day, refusing to give blood should be an option for anyone(for which a person can be charged and must defend their actions as to why they refused). Forcing a person to give blood like this is barbaric...

The UK offers the option to provide a urine sample, it certainly seems a lot more civilized than forcing a needle into someone that might have a genuine fear of needles.

konfab

Honorary Master
What they should in my opinion do is charge her with defeating the ends of justice, which should then carry a higher sentence than drunk driving.

So fair enough, if you dont want to have blood drawn, then one should be charged with defeating the ends of justice and circumstantial evidence should be allowed in securing a conviction.

That might motivate people to not drink or when they do and get caught rather have their blood taken....
Boom right there.

That is exactly what they should have done.

hungrymamba

Expert Member
End of the day, refusing to give blood should be an option for anyone(for which a person can be charged and must defend their actions as to why they refused). Forcing a person to give blood like this is barbaric...

The UK offers the option to provide a urine sample, it certainly seems a lot more civilized than forcing a needle into someone that might have a genuine fear of needles.

I think we need to also have an option where people can refuse to be arrested after committing a crime and be given an option to defend their actions.

Cray

Honorary Master
I think we need to also have an option where people can refuse to be arrested after committing a crime and be given an option to defend their actions.

She was already under arrest, maybe try again...?

hungrymamba

Expert Member
She was already under arrest, maybe try again...?

The police were carrying out their mandate, she may approach the courts if she feels she was 'violated', but we can not be held to ransom by people who think they are above the law... How else are the police supposed to root out rotten drivers if they can not do something as drawing blood from a suspect, an act allowed by law... you love defending nonsense.

Cray

Honorary Master
The police were carrying out their mandate, she may approach the courts if she feels she was 'violated', but we can not be held to ransom by people who think they are above the law... How else are the police supposed to root out rotten drivers if they can not do something as drawing blood from a suspect, an act allowed by law... you love defending nonsense.

Just because our laws says something doesn't mean there aren't better ways to enforce it. Perhaps read my post again, I gave a perfectly acceptable alternative to blood testing....

I was not defending anything, I just think a civilized society can behave better than having a bunch of cops manhandling someone when a perfectly acceptable alternative exists.

hungrymamba

Expert Member
Perhaps read my post again, I gave a perfectly acceptable alternative to blood testing....

I was not defending anything, I just think a civilized society can behave better than having a bunch of cops manhandling someone when a perfectly acceptable alternative exists.

This is not the UK. They have their laws, we have ours.

Cray

Honorary Master
This is not the UK. They have their laws, we have ours.
So you are saying our laws are perfect and should never be changed if there are found to be deficient?

What reason do you have for being against urine tests as an option for alcohol testing?

isie

Honorary Master
if she is so afraid of needles she should not have eaten that hot cross bun before driving.