Water overdose leaves man close to death

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A fit and healthy 23-year-old man nearly died after overdosing on ordinary drinking water after a gym session.

Richard Dyer, 23, was admitted to hospital with severe water intoxication after downing five litres during a gruelling two-hour weights session.

More...

Thought I would post this cos I saw a post in which forumites were boasting that they drink 4 litres of water a day.

Thestealth

Expert Member
I would never drink that much water. It won't leave place for my Heini's...

poffle

Executive Member
4 litres a DAY is good. but this guy downed 5 straight after working out. no wonder

Devill

Damned
4 litres a DAY is good. but this guy downed 5 straight after working out. no wonder

4l a day is not good......+- 2 litres a day, which includes water from normal drinks + food is enough....

Last edited:

Nod

Executive Member
Found this BBC article on why too much water is bad for you.
Jennifer Strange had taken part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" game, which promised the winner a Nintendo Wii. Afterwards she reportedly said her head was hurting and went home, where she was later found dead. Initial tests have shown her death is consistent with water intoxication.

Drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death. So what happens? ...

killadoob

Honorary Master
More...

Thought I would post this cos I saw a post in which forumites were boasting that they drink 4 litres of water a day.

4 litres of water a day meaning lets say 13 hours 4 litres of water

this oke drank what most us drink in a day in 2 hours

Keeper

Honorary Master

DJ...

Banned
I was the one who "boasted" about 4 litres of water a day. I drink it every day and have been perfectly healthy since I began doing this. I dont over-hydrate, I merely drink when thirsty. And my doc has agreed that there is no problem doing this...

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I was the one who "boasted" about 4 litres of water a day. I drink it every day and have been perfectly healthy since I began doing this. I dont over-hydrate, I merely drink when thirsty. And my doc has agreed that there is no problem doing this...

I wasn't specifically referring to you :) There was someone else that also said that they drank this much. I think it was waaib.