Water Shortages in Johannesburg Suburbs

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Johannesburg residents in certain suburbs and surrounding areas were experiencing water shortages, Johannesburg Water (JW) said on Friday.

Residents of Helderkruin, Constantia, Horison, and surrounding areas were affected, JW said in a statement.

Electrical problems at Rand Water had interrupted pumping of water into reservoirs. JW's technical team had fixed the electrical problem and water was being pumped into reservoirs and water towers.

"A large number of the affected residents have their water restored. We are currently working on the above water towers to recover the rest of the affected residents," the utility said.

Source : Sapa /aw/gq/th
Date : 22 Mar 2013 09:28

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Don't forget, South Africa is moving forward every day

Yeah right.

Executive Member
I seem to remember someone on this forums saying that water will be the next to go after electricity...

grok

Honorary Master
The Africanisation of South Africa in full swing ..

genetic

Honorary Master
It's sad to see what the CA section has become.

Next there will be an article about a burst water pipe which is under repair, and the typical drivel will follow;

TIA, cANCer, Zim 2.0...

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Next there will be an article about a burst water pipe which is under repair, and the typical drivel will follow;

TIA, cANCer, Zim 2.0...
Along with the ostrich syndrome sufferers...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
TIA, cANCer, Zim 2.0...

Rubbish, the CA section was ALWAYS like that....

But just to highlight the context of THIS particular thread....
http://www.environment.co.za/environmental-issues-news/south-africas-looming-water-crisis.html
http://mg.co.za/article/2012-04-16-sas-water-crisis-just-got-expensive
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article913892.ece/Water-crisis-by-2020
http://www.waterrhapsody.co.za/2013/03/04/south-africa-water-crisis/

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yes Sinbad. An electrical fault which caused water disruption, which is promptly being repaired. Get over it.
Promptly? If it had been prompt, there would not have been shortages.
And I'm willing to bet that if there'd been maintenance, the fault would not have occurred in the first place...

Please don't forget, Joburg Water LOSES R800million worth of water each year. Is that the sign of a well maintained, awesome, non-broken system?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Promptly? If it had been prompt, there would not have been shortages.
And I'm willing to bet that if there'd been maintenance, the fault would not have occurred in the first place...

Please don't forget, Joburg Water LOSES R800million worth of water each year. Is that the sign of a well maintained, awesome, non-broken system?

He doesn't care about the fact that we lose R800million worth of water, he is only concerned about your "drivel" :rolleyes:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
He doesn't care about the fact that we lose R800million worth of water, he is only concerned about your "drivel" :rolleyes:

But he must understand that my drivel isn't drinkable - and even if it was I'm not an ANC politician so I don't spout enough of it to sustain anyone :D

genetic

Honorary Master
Look, all I'm saying is that in this particular instance, the problem was being dealt with.

I said nothing about the other problems our water supply faces, which are indeed in need of dire attention.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Look, all I'm saying is that in this particular instance, the problem was being dealt with.

I said nothing about the other problems our water supply faces, which do indeed need dire attention.

And what we're saying is that Joburg Water is constantly REACTING. Yes, they react fast (ish) - but there is no proactive or preventive maintenance - and as the infrastructure deteriorates further, they are not going to have the capacity to react to everything quite so quickly in future, and then the problems will snowball.

genetic

Honorary Master
And what we're saying is that Joburg Water is constantly REACTING. Yes, they react fast (ish) - but there is no proactive or preventive maintenance - and as the infrastructure deteriorates further, they are not going to have the capacity to react to everything quite so quickly in future, and then the problems will snowball.

Yes, and I agree with that! :)

STS

Mafia Detective
You lot are becoming worse than end of day christians. The end of nigh! First morals, then electricity, now water! Next it shall be our farms and our wives :p

I don't mind complaining, we need water, but Zim 2.0? I give up taking anyone here seriously, you can only cry wolf so many times