We’ll turn our economy around, whether people like it or not' – Ramaphosa

BBSA

Honorary Master
ANC President Cyril Ramaphosa has once again preached unity, not just for the sake of the party he leads, but for South Africa’s economy.

Ramaphosa was responding to some of the issues raised by women during a dialogue he participated in with the ANC Women’s League in Parktown on Tuesday evening.

The president, who once again committed to investing in young people, said there were plans to continue raising investments to grow the country’s economy.

Last year, Ramaphosa managed to raise R300bn in investments. He said an investment summit, set for November, was aiming to attract even more opportunities for South Africa, but he warned that perceptions of the state of the country could hinder his ambitious vision.

When they see us, fighting and arguing amongst ourselves, whether ourselves in the governing party or in the country broadly, they think there is political instability and they walk away with their dollars and pounds. I want those dollars and euros to be here," he said. :X3:

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/well-turn-our-economy-around-whether-people-like-it-or-not-ramaphosa-20190814

Last edited:

Bewlen

The Dark Side is winning. Sorry Cyril, you probably had good intentions and I kinda believed you could get us out of this mess, but they outflanked you. Carry on spinning your porkies, but imma gonna do what I gotta do, knowing the baddies are gonna win.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
ANC President Cyril Ramaphosa has once again preached unity, not just for the sake of the party he leads, but for South Africa’s economy.

Ramaphosa was responding to some of the issues raised by women during a dialogue he participated in with the ANC Women’s League in Parktown on Tuesday evening.

The president, who once again committed to investing in young people, said there were plans to continue raising investments to grow the country’s economy.

Last year, Ramaphosa managed to raise R300bn in investments. He said an investment summit, set for November, was aiming to attract even more opportunities for South Africa, but he warned that perceptions of the state of the country could hinder his ambitious vision.

When they see us, fighting and arguing amongst ourselves, whether ourselves in the governing party or in the country broadly, they think there is political instability and they walk away with their dollars and pounds. I want those dollars and euros to be here," he said.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/well-turn-our-economy-around-whether-people-like-it-or-not-ramaphosa-20190814
Well, then restore law and order, amongst the rioters and the other criminals, just as a start.

Milano

Honorary Master
Unions aren’t against economic growth. They’re just incredibly stupid and don’t understand economics.
You know what I mean. What they support is more money and less work. That and burning down the country if moves to build a stronger economy endanger any jobs or pay levels. Definitely at odds with the painful policies that would improve the economy.

D tj

It is turning around: faster and faster just like water too: sadly going down the drain.

santaman202

What a relief, for a moment there I thought the " smart city " plan was scrapped for good..