We’ll turn our economy around, whether people like it or not' – Ramaphosa

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
It floors me... after all that has happened with the ANC over the last 20 years... that people still believe their crap. They are not even GOOD liars.
You dont need to be good, just good enough to fool the masses. Cue in the declining education standards, *ba dum tss*.

joshuatree

Saw an insert of this speech on the news tonight - Ramaphosa wearing a jacket in ANC colours , looking like the clown he is unfortunately. What a disappointment after taking over.

Quicks

Every time they say this I start to worry...

That means they are about to come up some ridiculous plan which will fail, and make things even worse!

kolaval

Expert Member
Ja, but do what exactly? I'm pretty sure Cyril and Co. are just treading water and praying for a miracle. I doubt they have any clue how to fix this mess.
I do not see any other way than spilling blood, lots of it?

Nick333

Honorary Master
I do not see any other way than spilling blood, lots of it?
Um, that strikes me as the worst possible scenario. The only way things will improve is when there is a major shift in attitude, outlook, and values in the populace. The only way that will happen is when there is literally no more money for free shyt and people are starving. Unfortunately by then, the infrastructure will be in its moer and there will be nothing to invest in except cheap labour which no one wants anymore anyway. This countries destined to be just another African basket case. Still better than a lot of bloodshed though.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Sigh. You all do (not) realise that Cyril actually means what he says? And don't get the fact that the PP and the Zuma supporters are actually achieving their aim of draining and deflecting him, Gordhan and others from what they are trying to do? As in get SA back on track.

What's wrong with you folks? Are you all ex-pats actually hoping for SA to fall?

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Ja, but do what exactly? I'm pretty sure Cyril and Co. are just treading water and praying for a miracle. I doubt they have any clue how to fix this mess.
So, you have any suggestions as to anyone with a clue who would actually be able to "fix this mess"?

Gallderhen

So, you have any suggestions as to anyone with a clue who would actually be able to "fix this mess"?
Nobody living. You have to change the mindset of the masses, and the only person that had somewhat of a chance to do that was Mandela

-G-

garp

Executive Member
Cool story, Cyril. Just let me know when Zuma and the Saxonwold Cartel have been prosecuted, or pretty much any high profile individual known to be a criminal (I.e. the VBS looters) and maybe I’ll take you more seriously then.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Really. It's the right talk mostly, but the NHI thing... I just don't see it helping. Even a bit. If the economy is a ship trying to turn around into a wave that is threatening to crush it then these NHI plans just seem like the captain suddenly thinking it's a great idea to use some time to do some gardening on deck. I would think intense focus on the task at hand to be vastly preferable. For the most part I think a sensible social safety net is a great idea when you can afford it. But I'm not even convinced the NHI is well thought out and practical in any way that can be called sensible. And as I already said... The timing sucks. I can't help it. The contrasting objectives invalidates much of his message for me.