We’re tired of listening to 90% local music

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Maybe listened for 10 minutes this year. They've killed it but radio has been dead for a while too, just too much rubbish.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Stopped listening to radio ages ago...

Playlists have not been to my liking for a good long while.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I can't imagine having to listening to Indian music in the office. We'd never get work done cause we'd just keep bursting into dance.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
For me it is 702 only during 6am - 9am and 3pm - 8pm when I am in car and traffic, else it is CD's and MP3s in the car, work and home. We do put Hot 91.9 on in the kitchen sometimes, not always though.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Radio - SABC - made it an irrelavant medium - no longer have one ... , mine was "gifted" ...

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Likewise, 702 in the morning or arvie drive and if I am in the car around midday.

In Dirtbin but just stream it on my phone.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
How big is your 3G data bundle and which network?
Not sure about the others but Google play music can automatically cache a playlist for you if you start streaming it. So I wake up in the morning, start a playlist and go about my day till I get to work. Must still automate it with my Pi 3 so I don't even have to do anything myself.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Why complain? just use the Off button.

Because they want the service restored to what it once was?

/just spitballin'

:p

Disengaging completely only works when there are competing alternatives (and streaming isn't a competing service - it's a different technology / cost that wouldn't be suitable to most people who were listening to public radio). If they could stream and get a better service, they wouldn't have been loyal listeners.