• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

'We are not going anywhere, Olievenhoutbosch is our home' - illegal land occupiers

Johannesburg - "Tell the police, government and the people here, we are not going anywhere. This is our land and we are here to say."

Land invaders in Olievenhoutbosch in Midrand were adamant on Monday afternoon that they would not be forcibly removed by the government or the police.

People had made their way into the area, along the R55 and west toward Diepsloot and into Mnandi, early on Friday morning, March 9. By Saturday afternoon, they had occupied large tracts of land; each piece was marked with red-and-white barrier tape.

Police and residents had removed markers in certain areas on Monday.

On Monday afternoon, Jack Kgosana had allocated to himself a piece of ground, measuring 15m by 25m.

The 39-year-old said the land had been vacant for more than 20 years and no one occupied it.

Kgosana said they have pleaded with the government to give them the land.

"We don't want government to deny us this piece of land because we have nowhere else to go. If I have a stand of my own, I can at least have a home of my own," he said.

He plans to live there with his family for the rest of his life.

Michael Chauke, 44, lives in a back room in one of the extensions in Olievenhoutbosch.

He lost his job at a courier company in December.

"It is difficult to provide for the family because there is no income now."
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...h-is-our-home-illegal-land-occupiers-20180313

They should also move into Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria's affluent areas and take open erfs, move into people's homes who have big yards and live there. Also move into unoccupied houses that are being rented out and is not currently occupied. Quality of life will be so much better and it won't cost a cent.

konfab

Honorary Master
"We don't want government to deny us this piece of land because we have nowhere else to go. If I have a stand of my own, I can at least have a home of my own," he said.
That piece of land is meaningless if you don't have a title deed for it.

Next they will demand services and protest for it. Viva landgrab viva freedom viva we do what tge **** we want.
Stupid masses

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Ive been eyeing a piece of land I think would be perfect for me an my family. Its not currently being occupied either, so I think I am good to go. Just need to some poles to mark it off. :D

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
Next they will demand services and protest for it. Viva landgrab viva freedom viva we do what tge **** we want.
Stupid masses
This is exactly the point. Why can they not have services? Landgrab is wrong, but face it, due to the ANC's ineptitude in addressing this matter the 'masses' as you call them have now waited long enough. Mugabe has exactly the same problem, then his army got fed up and grabbed themselves some farms.

Do you have a solution? We need to find a way to atone the 'masses' before they just take matters into their own hands.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yeh - there's a nice property in my area too - nothing on it - great sea view.

Or - how bout that empty house on Clifton 4th that the City wants to auction?

Yeh - there's a nice property in my area too - nothing on it - great sea view.

Or - how bout that empty house on Clifton 4th that the City wants to auction?
The masses should also invade Bryntirion - massive erfs open there, move in with the people living there - massive security, free electricity and water - super wealthy home tenants who will look after squatters and landgrabbers. Wonderful life they can have there...

That piece of land is meaningless if you don't have a title deed for it.
Well, obviously the masses do not care about that. They just want to live there.

Stupid masses
That is exactly what is going to happen and the property owners will soon find themselves paying for the water and electricity these people will illegally be connecting themselves to.

Do you have a solution? We need to find a way to atone the 'masses' before they just take matters into their own hands.
There really is only one solution. While many people will not want to go this route right now, in a couple of years this will be the only way... and that is arming yourself and defending yourself until the end.

schumi

Honorary Master

EFF takes responsibility for land invasion

The Economic Freedom Fighters in Gauteng has taken responsibility for recent land invasions and challenged President Cyril Ramaphosa to bring it on with his law enforcement agencies.

Over the past few days, land invasions in Tshwane and Johannesburg have sparked widespread criticism from the provincial government and metros.

The EFF told TimesLIVE it would continue occupying land.

“The EFF has a permanent land occupation programme which everyone should be fully conversant with. So we are continuing with land occupation in the business-as-usual manner we have been pursuing since the formation of the EFF in 2013‚” said Mandisa Mashego‚ EFF chairperson in Gauteng.

“This land occupation programme speaks directly to our first EFF cardinal pillar and policy position. We revere and honour it as our pillar of strength and bedrock of all our other policy statements that‚ if pursued vigorously or fearlessly‚ economic freedom in our lifetime will become real. The programme of land occupation was adopted as an EFF programme at the EFF's very first national assembly in December 2014.”
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2018-03-13-eff-takes-responsibility-for-land-invasion/

Sumen

Expert Member
Well, obviously the masses do not care about that. They just want to live there.

That is exactly what is going to happen and the property owners will soon find themselves paying for the water and electricity these people will illegally be connecting themselves to.
And they going to get caught in the EFF/ANCs trap thinking they getting their land but instead they only going to be leasing it.