• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

'We are not going anywhere, Olievenhoutbosch is our home' - illegal land occupiers

Temujin

Expert Member
Please read the wiki link I added to my post. These people were not BY ANY MEANS cut off from the rest of the world.

Edit.. or don't. I don't care if you want to keep on pushing racist claptrap; and preserving your mind-boggling ignorance. It is your choice.
:rolleyes: Comprehension much?

Very simple. As a response to Bunta who said Egypt is not in Africa? Mali? Morocco... I said IT REMINDS ME OF A PAPER WRITTEN BY AN AFRICAN PROFESSOR ABOUT SUB SAHARA AFRICA and then proceeded to sum up what he said. Its NOT my views, I said I DON'T AGREE WITH IT, I made that clear in my first post. You are somehow interpreting it as my view. Its not. My view is it was tribalism, king does and says all, who can do what, endless tribal wars and migration etc Eg how can you build something like ancient rome if you are constantly moving down south to escape tribal wars etc? You can't. Make sense?

Edit: Oh, and one other thing, 'pushing racist claptrap'.... yeah... I ****ing said it'll be considered racist if published today in my original ****ing post... but again, you somehow have interpreted it as me pushing it, and removed the context(literally removed it when you quoted me)

Last edited:

bgotapen

Expert Member

I am at a loss you are saying those ruins are what exactly? You are grabbing at straws. All over the world you will find ruins of this type littered over the landscape. Isolated islands included.

Africa has the oldest population of humans, however there is almost no evidence of occupation past a few dozen badly constructed ruins and cave paintings.

The only places where you find evidence of true civilization is where northern peoples of africa. Including europeans, berbers and Egyptians pushed south bringing with them civilization. On a scientific and archeological analysis of southern africa the conclusion would be that few humans actually lived in this vast part of habitable earth.

Thats what most of Europe looked like 200 years ago. I think you seriously overestimate the inventiveness of your ancestors.
Are you trolling or are you legitimately mentally handicapped?

Last edited:

nightjar

Expert Member
Bearing in mind that the Empire was founded in about 1430 and lasted for 330 years, it is worth comparing it with developments elsewhere in the world at the same time. The Castle of Coca is a good example of the difference in building methods and the British Houses of Parliament, which pre-date it by four centuries, help to make the point. No need to mention the Pyramids or the Great Wall of China.

What inventions and discoveries came from the Empire while Johannes Gutenberg was inventing movable type printing around 1439, Luca Pacioli first codified the double-entry bookkeeping system in 1494, Hans Lippershey invented the telescope in 1608 or Hanaoka Seishū developed general anaesthesia in 1796?

In short, the Empire and the whole of sub-Saharan Africa has contributed nothing of value to the world in recorded history.

Europeans? Thought most knowledge came from the Mid-East and further that direction.
Every worthwhile discovery and invention (too many to mention) in the last thousand years was European.

Attachments

alqassam

Expert Member
Bearing in mind that the Empire was founded in about 1430 and lasted for 330 years, it is worth comparing it with developments elsewhere in the world at the same time. The Castle of Coca is a good example of the difference in building methods and the British Houses of Parliament, which pre-date it by four centuries, help to make the point. No need to mention the Pyramids or the Great Wall of China.

What inventions and discoveries came from the Empire while Johannes Gutenberg was inventing movable type printing around 1439, Luca Pacioli first codified the double-entry bookkeeping system in 1494, Hans Lippershey invented the telescope in 1608 or Hanaoka Seishū developed general anaesthesia in 1796?

In short, the Empire and the whole of sub-Saharan Africa has contributed nothing of value to the world in recorded history.

Every worthwhile discovery and invention (too many to mention) in the last thousand years was European.
Wrong

The foundation for modern science and medicine is from the middle east.

The format for universities is from Africa

It's only after the Europeans colonised and stole most of the ideas of the real developed world did they actually develop anything if real value.

Gunpowder is Asian
Pasta is Asian
Spices are Indian
Potatoes are American
Bathing once a day is from India

Etc etc

Last edited:

Bunta

I am at a loss you are saying those ruins are what exactly? You are grabbing at straws. All over the world you will find ruins of this type littered over the landscape. Isolated islands included.

Africa has the oldest population of humans, however there is almost no evidence of occupation past a few dozen badly constructed ruins and cave paintings.

The only places where you find evidence of true civilization is where northern peoples of africa. Including europeans, berbers and Egyptians pushed south bringing with them civilization. On a scientific and archeological analysis of southern africa the conclusion would be that few humans actually lived in this vast part of habitable earth.

Are you trolling or are you legitimately mentally handicapped?
Because yeah, Africa is fulla ****hole countries right? Africans couldn't do anything without the whities from Europe. :wtf:

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Hahahaha.... hahahaha.... hahahahahahahahahahahaha!:crylaugh:

You got jokes man, maybe 600 or more years ago, not 200.
200 years ago was pre-industrial revolution.

No trains, no cars or indoor plumbing for MOST people. Yes (SOME) cities were a different story but the majority of people lived a rural farm life. Very little education, the only thing they really had over their African counterparts was access to some of the technology like guns and some more advanced crafting machinery.

Again... I say most, not all.

Wrong

It's only after the Europeans colonised and stole most of the ideas of the real developed world did they actually develop anything if real value.

Gunpowder is Asian
Pasta is Asian
Spices are Indian
Potatoes are American

Etc etc
LOL keep on believing that. Shame.

:crylaugh:

nightjar

Expert Member
Wrong

Gunpowder is Asian
Pasta is Asian
Spices are Indian
Potatoes are American

Etc etc
Not wrong.
I referred only to the last thousand years.

The format for universities is from North Africa - Morocco and Egypt and a world apart from sub-Saharan Africa.

Gunpowder in China dates back to the 9th century although there are earlier references.

Spices were known in 2000BC

If the foundation for modern science and medicine is from the middle east why did the locals never do anything with it?

Between 1901 and 2017, 788 individuals received the Nobel prize for science, economics and literature.

This includes 192 Jewish prize winners and only five Islamic prize winners and raises questions about Islamic scholarship. Perhaps best summed up by an old saying to the effect that, if it's not in the Quran, it's not needed.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I thought the ANC was doing such a spectacular job of covering up these land invasions that no-one knows about them?

Why Muslims have only few Nobel Prizes

Of course some advances only happen in places with limited resources because they have to come up with something clever to make the best use of what they have. But the other side of that coin is that there just isn't money for a lot of research.

bgotapen

Expert Member
Because yeah, Africa is fulla ****hole countries right? Africans couldn't do anything without the whities from Europe. :wtf:
As I said the world is littered with those types of ruins. From europe to asia to south america. The only difference is africa has just a few while europe, asia is littered with ruins of same or greater magnitude. The point is that africa was dark(human devoid) for most of time and the idiots that claim land as theirs are just as foreign as whites are to south africa.

In southern sphere of africa an stone spear head older than 300 years is an rare find while in other countries in europe, asia and even in the USA they are commonly found by people. It isn't that no one is looking it is that the place was very underpopulated if at all.

Wrong

Gunpowder is Asian
Pasta is Asian
Spices are Indian
Potatoes are American

Etc etc
This is common misinformation as most science and technology pre industrail revolution was discovered in places like egypt and asia thousands of years before the middle east. Some of it was lost or destroyed with the only evidence remaining in tombs or fragments of ancient scripture.

Europe recorded it's history and discovered most of it by itself. The issue once again is you will claim stolen but this is an endless circle jerk because then the middle east stole from china then too.

I am sure some ancient civilization discovered penicillin and had used it to treat disease however it was lost until it was rediscovered. The difference is that up europe used massive scientific communities not just to discover treatments but to study how they worked.

On a related note, bathing is a thing most animals do by instinct humans included. Food is irrelevant because of climate and area you happen to be. Tomatoes originated in south america but nightshade is common. Much of the spices and ingredients in modern indian food originates from europe.

Finally pasta or anything dough related is as old as time. Fite me irl

Last edited: