We are ready to pay Makate - Vodacom on Please Call Me shutdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
We are ready to pay Makate - Vodacom on Please Call Me shutdown

The Please Call Me Movement and politicians have threatened to shut down Vodacom on 31 January if the company does not pay Nkosana Makate an amount he agrees to for his role in launch of the Please Call Me.

The movement, which claims to be against corporate bullying and consumer injustice, said Vodacom owes Makate R70 billion for his idea.

ekske1

Executive Member

SpiderGear

Ag please not this **** again. That dude does not deserve a single cent. He is throwing a tantrum because he had dreams of his R70bil yacht and mansion and these are now evaporating before his eyes.

EADC

Expert Member
Given the fact that MTN actually invented the thing, I assume that they're going to hit Makata for the full amount for infringing on their patent rights?
Why would they, they didnt hit Vodacom with it all those years ago and its not their money.

kazeus

Remind me again how figures get distorted in reporting or did i miss something. I clearly remember him wanting 15% of the 70billion earned from the earnings estimated from the please call me. how did it go to 100%

oober

Expert Member
Just LoL.. Lets all print flyers for each other and go strew them around. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Just LoL.. Lets all print flyers for each other and go strew them around. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ironically the number on the flyer belongs to a Modise Setoaba who is now director of KabKat trading but before then he worked at MTN and telkom before that

I wonder if he has a conflict of interest in this whole thing?

lived666

Executive Member
LOL at the #pleasecallmemovement - just a bunch of loansharks desperate to cash in on this fraud and a rent a crowd of thugs ready to loot and burn.

Bad1

I love it, vodacom chargers R149 for a gig of data and we all know that's about 15 minutes of YouTube, they make billions in profit now its time to share it with the South African people, pay him now

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Are they waiting for a please call me first before they contact him................

Jola

Honorary Master
I love it, vodacom chargers R149 for a gig of data and we all know that's about 15 minutes of YouTube, they make billions in profit now its time to share it with the South African people, pay him now
Another one post wonder !

He does not deserve anything, Prior Art, Prior Patent and IP belongs to Employer, etc, etc.

EADC

Expert Member
Another one post wonder !

He does not deserve anything, Prior Art, Prior Patent and IP belongs to Employer, etc, etc.
Meh con Court says other wise but he is being arrogant turning down such a huge sum