We are waiting to pay Makate a “substantial amount” – Vodacom

marine1

Honorary Master
Substantial? What R100 000?
What a joke, the court has ruled, I hope he takes them back to court and gets what he should, VC are like the mafia

stfenix

What a joke, the court has ruled, I hope he takes them back to court and gets what he should, VC are like the mafia
Agreed VC arent good guys, but can someone please explain to me why they need to give Mr Makate anything? He did not invent the please call me? That was the head of RnD from MTN Mr Khan? Why is everyone missing that little bit of info? Or is everyone blinded by their hatred for Vodacom so much that no one cares about the truth?

thehuman

Expert Member
Courts said they need to give him a reasonable amount, asume if he don't like amount he need to talk to the court.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Agreed VC arent good guys, but can someone please explain to me why they need to give Mr Makate anything? He did not invent the please call me? That was the head of RnD from MTN Mr Khan? Why is everyone missing that little bit of info? Or is everyone blinded by their hatred for Vodacom so much that no one cares about the truth?
It has nothing to do with who invented the 'please call me'. Do yourself a favour and go do some research.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Most probably in the 100 millions. However we do not know. He probably wants billions.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Im willing to bet it isnt even close to 100 mill
This is VC the same bunch that told me on this very forum that only a small few go OOB
I haven't followed your communication with Vodacom. But I don't know many that goes OOB. However those who do are charged stupid sick unjustified amount. Remember someone posting here that he had to pay R150 000 for one day. This should not be legal. But anyways, that's probably unrelated to this topic.

Does Vodacom have to declare to the court how much they paid Makate?

Jacobofski

R70 billion, that is laughable. It is all about greed. A common trait among the previously disadvantaged.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So you would side with this guy?
Adding to Vodacom’s problems is the formation of the “PleaseCallMe Movement”, headed by Modise Sekgothe.
It is threatening to shut down Vodacom on 31 January if a settlement has not been reached.
The movement, which claims to be against corporate bullying and consumer injustice, said Vodacom owes Makate R70 billion for his Please Call Me idea.
“Join us as we will be shutting down Vodaworld in pursuit of justice for Nkosana Makate,” their flyer reads.
Hahahahaha
Modise Sekgothe - will have to remember that name.
Amusing.

Daruk

Honorary Master
This is VC the same bunch that told me on this very forum that only a small few go OOB
Yet you thought it was R100k
Which, for that idea, I have to say is substantial.
There are people applying their minds in way more innovative ways earning way less for their ideas.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Courts said they need to give him a reasonable amount, asume if he don't like amount he need to talk to the court.
Yeah, he’s under the impression the courts ruled something else. He’s already lost this case a couple of times IIRC

stfenix

It has nothing to do with who invented the 'please call me'. Do yourself a favour and go do some research.
ah, so it is just straight up hatred towards Vodacom then? Doing research in to the matter is that Mr Maketa did not invent in the service (which he is claiming he did and that is why he wants compensation), He was in the employ of Vodacom when he "supposedly" came up with the idea (which was patented by MTN at this point), he did not get credit for suggesting something he did not invent (this I agree is a dick move). Remember we are not talking about all of the other **** Vodacom is doing and how they are shafting their customers. We are talking about the claim Mr Maketa has to the invention of the please call me. So if you cannot separate that from the rest then there is no use in engaging you on the matter now is there? And like I said, this is my take on the matter and thus I asked for more views. more opinions on the matter as to try and broaden my view on the matter but your response is to do more research - which will always end at who owned the patent... :)

Daruk

Honorary Master
ADB055B2-3B9B-49F1-8B0F-C5F9B9DA2592.jpeg

The whole thing is quite bizarre. Do Vodacom even have a revenue sharing agreement with employees?

wizardofid

Executive Member
What a stupid comment to make.
Do you have any proof to the contrary ? What is the driving force behind fraud and corruption ? They don't call for the love of money the root of all kinds of evil for nothing.

Eti1

Expert Member
ah, so it is just straight up hatred towards Vodacom then? Doing research in to the matter is that Mr Maketa did not invent in the service (which he is claiming he did and that is why he wants compensation), He was in the employ of Vodacom when he "supposedly" came up with the idea (which was patented by MTN at this point), he did not get credit for suggesting something he did not invent (this I agree is a dick move). Remember we are not talking about all of the other **** Vodacom is doing and how they are shafting their customers. We are talking about the claim Mr Maketa has to the invention of the please call me. So if you cannot separate that from the rest then there is no use in engaging you on the matter now is there? And like I said, this is my take on the matter and thus I asked for more views. more opinions on the matter as to try and broaden my view on the matter but your response is to do more research - which will always end at who owned the patent... :)
Forget all of that, it's not relevant.

VC promised to pay him for something and they didn't. Simple breach of contract.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Vodacom previously offered R10M ... but this guy wants billions. The facts of the case aren't really relevant in this light ... he's a joke, and is not going to be satisfied with any settlement offered if those are his expectations.

Earlier this year, the inventor was offered a R10 million settlement offer. He responded to the offer by calling it crazy.

Speaking on radio station Metro FM earlier this year, he said the estimated settlement is in the tens of billions, as Vodacom profited from the product and rolled it out to other countries.

DXL

Expert Member
Agreed ! Maybe after New Data Rules come into effect.

OOB - Profits are going to show on the Balance sheet.
We will wait for it.